Ch. 15

Damian Wayne

"OK, what is this?"

Both their heads snapped towards me so hard I hoped they might break their necks.

"Demon Spawn." Todd oh so eloquently greeted. I gave a simple Tt in response, turning my attention to the woman in the room. She was his height, unusually tall. If I didn't know better I might of mistaken them for twins.

"I suppose this is is the younger sister Grayson keeps going on about? Honestly I expected better." She straightened her back slightly, something that seemed like recognition flashing briefly in her eyes.

"I don't think you can talk, short stack." She sneered at me. I rolled my eyes with annoyance. Another unavoidable irritation, just like Drake.

"Oh. You found out sooner than expected." Speak of the Devil and he shall appear. All of our attention turned to him, as he stood in the corner sipping coffee, which was probably black and made with Monster. An unhealthy habit he had which everyone agreed he needed to stop. Did he listen? No.

"Tim."

"Percy."

Ah. How lovely, they've already been acquainted. The following silence was thick and awkward. Eventually the silence was broken be Todd, as he let out a long sigh and pinched his nose with his thumb and forefinger.

"OK." He sighed again. "I'm going to bed. Really wish I wouldn't see you tomorrow-" the comment was aimed at me. "- but it seems I will have too. I'm going to bed."

Drake snorted slightly, looking down at his coffee. Jason glared at him, walking towards the exit. He stopped in front of the 3rd Robin, folding his arms.

"You're coming too, don't think no one knows that you haven't slept in at least 2 days."

Drakes's eye widened as he opened his mouth to protest, backing up slightly, and placing his coffee on the surface behind him. Todd, however, waited for nothing and grabbed the smaller, dragging him out of the cave.

Halfway gone, he turned and said "You might want to go soon, too. Bitchman will be back soon."

My lip curled slightly at the disrespect of Father that he so blatantly displayed. Jackson just watched the whole, interaction, as if she was trying to figure us all out. I wish her luck, trying to understand such imbeciles. I certainly don't understand how they can be so idiotic. But as the steps of Todd's heavy feet became quieter, the long day started to catch up, but there was still...

I turned slowly turned to Jackson, clicking my tongue slightly as I looked her up and down.

"You know..." I started, licking my lips "You look familiar."

"Yeah, I get that a lot." She answered, running her tongue across her teeth.

"In an odd way, like I knew you, but at the same time I never really did." This seemed to get her full attention then, as her stare became more intense.

"Well, there may be a reason for that. And maybe I know you."

I waited, and she said nothing, clearly not wanting to reveal anything to me.

"Let's play I guessing game then." She said, pushing off the counter where she was leaning, and starting to follow her brothers path out of the cave.
"I wonder how long it will take for you to crack it."

Happy New Year! (And a merry Christmas too, while I'm at it)

I hope you enjoyed this update. It took me a little while to actually figure out some of the dialogue, but hopefully it starts coming to me faster.

Question: Ideas for future chapters? Anything fun you want the family to do together, special reactions to certain things?

Until next time!
Peace,
- Bubbles <3