Ch. 8

Percy P.O.V

A quick passing week later, and things had mostly calmed down. The scolding I had received from Chiron for the... accidental collateral damage had been extensive and boring. Though I did let it happen. That squad was under my command.

Must not have been thinking straight.

Lectures aside, I am being forced back to the mortal world, for more reasons than one. The first was, according to Chiron, that I needed to reconnect with the world. 'If you even want to live amount mortals it's better not to be a missing person for so long.'

As much as I hate it, he may have a point.

The other reason; I don't know. Some undisclosed information regarding Apollo. Wish I could stay out of it. Knowing Apollo, though, he won't let me.

The leather jacket rubbed comfortingly against my arms as I made my Merry way to the Athena Cabin. Paired with a blue shirt, loose black trousers and black combat boots, my outfit kept me ready to fight or run given the need.

Annabeth was dressed in similarly light attire, with slightly ripped denim shorts, a loose white top and black converse complimented her tan skin and usual messy ponytail. Beautiful, at least in my opinion.

We swung or arms back and forth between us, idly enjoy the fresh air and sunlight as both Argus's van and the inevitable meeting with my brother drew ever nearer.

The van left almost as soon as we were in, leaving no time for mind changing. I could just jump out the window, but that would cause more scars.. I already have enough. My fingers trailed over the prominent scar from Thalia.

Speaking of scars. My brother has one matching the one on my face. I know what he looks like. He is on TV all the time. The child who was thought dead but came back to his family, happy little family, with no space for me...

no space for me...

Not like there was any space with him in the first place. I was a weak child, always relying on him.

Jason... I hadn't said his name in years... I'm talking about Jason Todd, not my cousin. They are not alike.

And just like that, my mood was soured. Annabeth noticed. She always does. Because she has a space for me.

Unlike he does.

"What's wrong?" He he sure voice beside me cut me from my thoughts.

"I need to tell you something." I blurted suddenly. Why am I telling her? Why now? Part of me panicked. The rest remained calm. I trust her. I can tell her.

Her curiosity got the better of her.

"What?" She prompted gently, so not to discourage me from telling her.

"I-" why do you hesitate now?

"I have a brother" the last word laced with heavy distaste.

Annabeth seemed shocked by the amount of hate packed into those words. Of course she is. Out of all people I am likely to talk like that about, someone close enough as a brother is not high on the list.

"Ever told you about my eye?" Why am I asking ... of course I haven't told her, have I? Why would I tell anyone-

"No, you haven't."

"Well..."

<one explanation later>

It felt good. Good to get it of my chest. Someone else knew now, someone I trust with my life.

She was angry too. Not at me, but at Jason and Bruce, for leaving me alone. Without anyone there for me.

The rest of the ride to the station went quickly. The comfort Annabeth offered to me through the thick silence was welcomed in the mess of my head. We were sitting alone in the station, enjoy each other presence for a while.

The Detective had contacted Annie's parents, who are still yet to come around to the marriage. We don't care- there is plenty of time to talk to them before the wedding. And the option of not inviting them was always open.

It's not like we wouldn't have a full venue anyway.

This is late 🥲

This is late 🥲

I went on holiday last week and got some good photos.
Heres one:

Question: do you guys have any ideas for this story? Characters you want to see, Easter eggs, references, or even a general direction for this story to go in? I'd love to hear!

Until next time!

Peace,
- Bubbles <3