Ch. 1

(7 year old Percy's P.O.V.)

Hi, my name's Persephone Todd, but I go by Percy. I have a brother called Jason and we live together in an abandoned building in crime ally. Our drunken mother had kicked us out, but not before giving us both jagged scars. Mine goes across my left eye, I cant see well out of it. My brother's goes across his nose. (Like Shiro from Voltron)

My brother has been really protective of me since our father left us. Once my mum had me he left, then my mother started drinking.

He's been missing for three days.

I was getting out of my makeshift bed when I heard someone outside.

"Gold" It was a system that always worked. If he didn't say fish back I knew it wasn't him. I wish it was. I haven't seen him for days.

I heard the person outside freeze. They didn't say anything, and I was getting scared as I heard feet running to the room I was in. The way the acoustics in the house work means I can scream something here and it can be herd on the other side of the building. Don't ask me why. I have no clue.

The door burst open and I ducked into the corner knowing that they saw me.

"Hello?" The male voice made me huddle into the corner more, hoping to disappear. I put my head on my knees.

"Hey" he said calmly, but as if he was in pain "You can come out. I' m a good guy, not a bad guy." I looked up at him, letting out a small yelp once I realised how tall he was.
"Are you alone?" He questioned. Jason had prepared me for this.
"No, I have a big brother, so you better leave before he comes back, mister." I snapped, curling in on myself like a cat.

"Where is he? I don't see him anywhere, how about you come with me and we can get you and your brother to safety, but first I need to sleep..." his words slurred at the end and he collapsed on the floor.

I glanced at his side, and saw some blood staining his weird suit. I had to help him, I couldn't stand by and let him die! We had a fist aid kit in the small bathroom, I knew Jay would be angry at me for using it on a stranger, but I had to.

I sighed in relief as I saw he was stilled passed out when I got back. I cut of part of his suit to look at the wound. His many scars didn't affect me, I had patched up Jason before, and I do have some scars of my own.

I muttered to myself as I cleaned the wound with alcohol and washed away the blood with water. He started to stir as I started stitching him up. I yelled at him to stop, he looked shocked but I shoved him down and sternly told him I needed to stitch him up.

I did it perfectly and he seemed a little surprised.

"Why do you keep staring at me?" I demanded from where I was sitting on the floor after I bandaged his wound.

"Why?" The question caught me off guard. Why what? Why did I help him? Why didn't I run away? Why didn't I let him die?

"Why what?" I asked, tapping my fingers on the floor.

"Why did you save me? You were scared of me before!" Called it. I didn't really have a answer though.

"I don't know why. My body just did its own thing, it didn't want you to die. And now I'm going to pay, my brother is gone because I'm just so so so stupid, I'm useless and that's why he left me." I ranted and by the end I was quietly crying.

The man gave me a thoughtful look
"I'm Nightwing, what's your name?" He asked with a bright smile. I sniffed as I looked at him.

"I'm Percy. You are my friend now!" I declared and he started to laugh as he tried to get up.

Key word being tried.

I pushed him back and glared at him.
"You're going to split your stitches. Stay." I said, and he sighed and nodded.
"I just have to call..." he was cut off as the door was knocked open. He looked at me "Hide" he said, the one word sending panic into me.

I sighed. I might as well. I'm useless, otherwise my brother would have been back by now.

A. Tear slid down my cheek as I threw a block at Nightwing, stopping him for a few vital seconds as I ran to the door. I blocked the door and locked it. I started running, because if I die it might as well be protecting a friend.

I ran into something tall and dark,which was weird. I had memorised the building, there was no wall here.

Unless....

I stepped back and looked sheepishly up at...

Hello little boba pearls.

I'm sorry that took so long, Wattpad deleted most of the stuff I had typed up, and yes I do type these up cuz I love making life difficult for myself.
Go follow my friend EvaDiva1007 if you like poetry! She has some really good pieces.

Here's your meme:

Question of the update (optional):What is your favourite colour? I like purple, black and light green! UwU

What is your favourite colour? I like purple, black and light green! UwU

Until next time!
Peace,
-Bubbles <3