Ch. 16

Percy P.O.V

"You don't have to do this you know." I pressed my shoulder into the doorframe as I watched Annabeth get ready to leave. She turned her deep, grey eyes to me and gave a soft smile.

"Let me do this for you. You have enough on your plate." I Pushed off the frame, making my way over to her. I stood beside her, and she placed her head onto my shoulder.

The silence was long, yet completely comfortable. The sun peaked through the clouds, as it so rarely did in Gotham. A gentle breeze cut through the still air, and everything seemed like it might be ok, if just for a moment.

But of course, it never stayed that way for long.

"Hey!" Both our attentions turned to Dick, standing in the entrance of the mansion. "B wants to see you. In his office, he wont tell me why." He looked uneasy, though he hid it well.

"Looks like you have things to deal with," Annabeth said, lifting her head from my shoulder and stepping back. "I'll leave you to it"

I groaned.
"Gods, no. Please don't let me deal with this on my own." I whined childishly.

"Nope. You made this mess, you fix it. I'll see you soon, ok?" She stood on her tiptoes to kiss my cheek. I watched carefully as she slipped into the car, moving slightly closer to say goodbye.

"Stay safe." I said, worry creeping obviously into my voice, but I didn't care to hide it.

"I will. I'll come back, I promise."

I stood back again, folding my arms as I watched the car start, then leave the driveway. I stood until she turned the corner, then watched the car through the hedge as the car started it's journey. A necessary one, though not one I particularly wanted her to do alone. But there was nothing I could do about it now. I have some things to clear up here before we get into any of my plans.

I approached Dick, who still stood in the doorway. He never looked awkward there, never out of place. I guess he had practice blending into unknown situations. I motioned him to show me the way, and he obliged without fuss.

The hallways blended together, now seeming more familiar to me in the short night I had spent in the house. I let my mind wander slightly as we walked, the paintings and portraits staring condescendingly at us. I curled my lip slightly at them, like they were real people judging us from above.

The door to Bruce's office looked different, somehow. Maybe it was the light.

Dick knocked on the door, and a quiet affirmation came from behind the oak door. It swung open softly, making barely a sound.

The man in the chair behind the desk looked stoic and impassive. I hoped I matched his expression.

"So," he started "I think we have some things to talk about."

Hey hey hey

Hey hey hey.
Hope you enjoyed this rather short chapter.

Sorry I haven't been around in a while. I kinda got caught up in some stuff here and there, but I think I can get out some more regular updates now which is good.

My team won the semifinals game. We are now through to the finals, which is this Friday coming. Fingers crossed.

I know it's been a tough time recently, so I just want to know how you're doing! Have you been drinking water? Getting enough sleep? Are there any achievements you are proud of since I've been gone?

I wish you all the best,
Peace,
- Bubbles <3