Ch. 9

Percy P.O.V.

"Come on, it was funny!" I told Annie as she glared at me. I guess joking about my bad mental health was another thing to add to the list of things that tick her off.

"It was not! Seaweed Brain. Now stop being..." she trailed off her sentence, waving her hand from my feet to my head. "For a moment."

"You waved to all of me." I pouted childishly as she laughed.

"Oh, come on! How do you now think I'm funny?" I ran a hand down my face in fake annoyance as her giggling got louder.

"Because, the thing you said before was just concerning, you unfunny seaspawn." Her tone became joking. I responded by pulling my most adorable baby seal eyes.
"No no NO NO NO!" She exclaimed as the officers laughed or stated that we were adorable.

Before I could blink, I was on the floor, with Annabeth pinning me down.

"Seriously? There are so many other ways of getting me off my chair and you chose to full body tackle me?"

Annie quickly scrambled off me as the laughter from the faculty became louder. She shoved out her hand as an offer to help me up. I eyed it suspiciously.

"Oh come on, Seaweed Brain. Don't ya trust me?" More people gathered to see what would happen next.

She knows I can't refuse her. How could she?

"Fine... I do trust you, and may not be as smart as you, but-" I pause, just for dramatic effect. (I am related to Zeus you know) "-but I know what you are about to do."

I gave a a sheepish smile, grabbing her hand.

She judo flipped me.

Oh Lady Luck, why must you do this to me?

Th officers burst out laughing, and I stumbled to my feet, preparing to run.

"Oh Annabeth, you wound me. But alas, I do know this is how you show your mean and unique love for me." I expressed with a dramatic flourish, slowly moving for the exit, which did not go unnoticed by Annie.

The frustration and mischief in her eyes was not a good combination, especially for a child of Athena. So I did the sensible thing.

What is the sensible thing, I hear you ask? Why, screaming and running of course!

The laughter of the police began quieter as I fled through the halls. There was a rush of air and suddenly I was tackled out of the police station door.

I was currently on the ground, Annie a little away from me, laughing, also on the ground, in front of a limo.

"Gods, I'm so sorry." I quickly apologised to the older man who had been driving the vehicle. All he gave me was a friendly smile in return.

"Alright miss, no damage done." He had a powerful aura, and a strange twinkle in his eyes.

A moment of understanding passed between us as I stood and made my way to Annie. The door to the limousine opened and two clack haired men exited. One appeared to be about 42, the other 21, of lean, muscular builds. They seem close, but wary. I assume the older is a sort of father figure to him.

I rested my head on my fiancé's shoulder. The stress was getting to me. The police station had little Estelle, who was about 3 at this point. (I'm changing the tl u can't stop me haha) They wouldn't let me see her until I get a guardian, most likely to be Jason.

"Annabeth?" A whisper to her. She was tense, though not enough to see.

"Yes?" Her immediate response.
"Can we go back inside?" I pressed my face deeper into the crook of her neck.