So.

Hello, little boba pearls.

Unfortunately this isn't an update of the story, more an update of my life? I feel like I owe you an explanation of where I've been for almost a year.

I've sat two sets of exams with another set coming up. All A's, except for Maths which were both B's (no surprise there), I've done sports competitions, orchestra performances, I've been (and still am) doing the Duke of Edinburgh Award, which is going very well. There's been holidays, anniversaries, I broke my toe, I'm helping my friend with something he's writing, doing art projects for school, and I spent time hanging out with friends, some of whom left the country recently, so I had to get some time in.

And just when I thought I could update, I ended up getting really ill. I couldn't talk and had no motivation to do anything other than stay in bed.

While I might have had time to do it in between those events, I just couldn't scrape together the motivation to open this again. Thankfully, things have calmed down a little for the new year.

The good thing about this? I've had time to reflect on where this story is going. And I'm not really happy with where this is going. If I had a plan, I can't remember it.

No, I won't be abandoning or putting it up for adoption. However, I will be rewriting it.

My plan is that I will leave this story up and make the rewrite elsewhere. Once I have enough chapters that I'm up to the point where I feel the current version is, I will swap the chapters I have up currently for the better ones. This means you'll all be notified when it happens.

This new version will likely be very different. It will have more dark!Percy and her relationship with the League of Assassins. It will also be most likely written in 3rd person.

If you have any extra ideas please feel free to share them here. Due to my gradually filling schedule as things start up again, please don't worry if this takes a few months. I'd love to hear your thoughts.

Hopefully now that I know more where I'm going with this I will have more motivation to work on it. I'd like to think my writing style has improved since you have last seen me, but I guess we'll find out, won't we?

Until next time,
Bubbles