Chapter 34 - "Storytime"

As it turns out, Hades led me along another long corridor I had never seen before. Actually, many long corridors I had never seen before until he stopped in front of a dark brown wooden door. 

It slid open to reveal a big room. It was brightly lit, the wall facing the door was covered with mirrors. Stepping inside, I saw that at the end of the room there were a few fitness equipment like those you'd find in a gym. Not being exactly an athlete, their names went over my head but that was beside the point.

"So this is how you manage to be so ripped." I mused, smirking at him. 

"Yes, it has nothing to do with the fact that I'm an immortal being, of course." He said apparently unbothered before closing the door behind him and walking further inside the room.

There will be a time where I'll be able to catch him off guard, you mark my words.

But seriously, how does he manage to be so aloof all the time? If only he could teach me, I don't think living for centuries it's a viable option.

"So this is were your men come to train?" In truth, I hadn't seen any guards since I've been in the Underworld. Now that I think about it, I hadn't seen anyone here beside Hades. I know that he's not the only one living in that palace, let alone in the Underworld but I wonder why that is. 

Even when I went snooping around, I hadn't seen any staff or just other people working around. Weird. There was always food ready whenever I was hungry and my room was always clean as were my clothes. Wasn't it Hades taking care of it with a snap of his fingers? 

Nah.

"I assure you that my men, as you called them, are not in need of training. Not even my input on how to do their work." Before I could ask him about it though, he answered me with that cheeky twinkle in his eyes and the ever-present sarcastic edge.

"This," he started open in his arms to show he was talking about the room, "is where you'll become a warrior." 

"Listen, I'm a woman. I'm already a warrior, thank you very much." I scoff semiseriously at him. "Besides, I think that the fact that I get out of bed every day is quite heroic of me." Shrugging, I glance at him in his place at the centre of the room. 

In the blink of an eye, Hades disappeared and the whole room went pitch black. One moment he was there, shaking his head at me like a disapproving father; and the next I can't even see my hands.

"Mr H?" I asked tentatively. What the hell was going on? Or better, What was going on in hell?

"Close your eyes and focus on my voice, Cassandra." I heard his voice coming from somewhere in the room but you couldn't quite pinpoint where. It weirdly sounded like it was coming from everywhere but I knew it was impossible. Well, I think it's impossible, at least.

"Who told you that I find your voice attractive?"

"You just did." Fuck. Thank the gods that it was pitch black in here or he would have seen my painfully obvious blush. "Focus, Cassandra." He added in a sterner tone. 

"Look, I'm not saying that I'm completely against kinky stuff but a heads-up would have been nice." I hold up my hands in a defensive gesture even though I didn't even know what I was defending myself from. There was no way that Hades was going to do something like what I suggested without my consent, I knew that; I was only messing with him. That didn't mean that what I said wasn't true but now was not the time.

Then something strange happened, I felt that air around me still which I understand sounds a bit weird but I couldn't explain it in a better way, really.  I had the distinct feeling that there was some movement but before I could even decide what to do with that information, I felt a hot breath behind my neck.