Chapter 14

Everything is dark, so dark that you can't even tell if you're eyes are open or not.

Suddenly, a voice is heard.

Actually, tre.

They are just whispers and it's impossible to make out what they're saying because they sounds so distant and muffled like they were far away.

Then they became increasingly louder until I could understand a couple of words. They don't make any sense though.

"This shouldn't be happening"

"If she keeps this on, everything will change"

"Balance will be broken"

"She has to be stopped"

Their voices keep getting louder and it's almost like they were getting closer. I try to keep listening but I'm forced to wake up by a freezing cold bucket of ice.

"Rise and shine." I hear a voice greeting me

Like the cold awakening wasn't enough, I'm met with Damon's infamous smirk and I find myself wanting nothing more than to punch him in the face.

"Why so grumpy baby? Have you slept on the wrong side of the chair?" he jokes about my current state of being tied up in their basement again.

"Well, why don't you free me so that I could return the favour and you'll tell me how much you enjoy being awakened by a shower of cold water." I sassily reply

"Oh, she's feisty! I see why Klaus bothers with you."

Is there a moment of his life where he doesn't smirk?

"What exactly is your problem?" I hiss at him. If my hands weren't trapped right now, he wouldn't be smiling.

"My problem is Klaus and how he wants to use Elena as a blood bag and that he acts like he owns this city." he explains

"You know, you shouldn't be so quick to talk so badly about him when you've done as despicable things as he and you're actually in love with your brother's girlfriend. At least Klaus puts his family above all."

My reply hits him hard and leaves him speechless.

I bet he was wondering how I even knew about his feelings for Elena.

After a while, his unmissable smirk returns on his face and I brace myself for a witty remark.

"That's true. His family really does matter to him. But you're not part of it, you know that right? You know that he's indulging you because he probably needs you for something? When he's done, he will leave you and break your heart. I hope you already know this. I'd hate for you to be heartbroken." He says thinking that he's hit a soft spot.

He actually has but I'm not going to let him know of course. I mean, I know that Klaus is just using me even though there's a part of me that thinks that he actually cares about me. Why would he be so set in not having me coming here? Why has he never asked me anything? These were the question that swirled in my mind when I think about my relationship with Klaus. However, too scared to know the real answers I don't really bother in trying to find them.

"Aw, how cute. Who would have thought that you worry about me?"I reply sarcastically

"Actually you know what? I hope he breaks your heart. Women are capable of anything when their heart gets broken. Who knows, maybe you'll even help me take him down."

"The only one I would help taking down is you." I say with hatred.

Oh, how I wish he could just catch fire right here, right now.

I was looking at him with so much hate and intensity that if looks could kill he would be a pile of ashes now.

He laughs like I've said the funniest thing in the world but he stops when out of nowhere flames appear on the sleeve of his shirt. At first, he doesn't react, too stunned by the sight of fire. Then something clicks in his head and he's out of the cellar in no time trying to extinguish the fire.

What the hell has just happened? How did fire appear out of nowhere?

Wait- just seconds ago I was wishing for him to catch fire. Was this somehow related to what happened?

Impossible. I'm not a witch, I can't do such a thing.

Lost in thought I didn't realize that it had been quite a while since Damon left and there still wasn't any sign of him.

I should take this opportunity and flee. But how? That prick has tied me to the chair.

Could I duplicate what happened a while ago when I don't even know what happened and why?

I try to focus on my hands, the ropes and how much I wanted to get out of here.

And guess what? Just like Damon's shirt, the ropes too catch fire.

"Yes!" I say maybe too laudly and without waisting any more time I flee from that hellhole.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello guys!

I can't believe it either but I'm here with a new chapter.

I don't know who still reads this story but anyway I wanted to thank you if you're reading this and that I am deeply sorry for the long wait.

I've been overwhelmed by university and exams, I still am, but yesterday I felt motivated to write and so I did.

I even thought about the next couple of chapters even though I'm still figuring out where I want to go with this story. (any suggestion would be highly appreciated by the way)

With this being said, what do you actually think about this chapter?

Are you with Cass in hating Damon?

What do you think really happened with the fire? Is it related with Cass?

And if yes, in what way?

And finally, where do you think Cass will go now?