Chapter 26

So here's the thing: I've always had issues with talking on the phone with strangers. I don't know why but I get really nervous when I have to talk to someone on the phone. I would usually rehear what I wanted to say in my head for a bit before actually making the call.

So the fact that now there's no texts or meme with whom I can communicate it's actually nerve-wracking.

Who of them do I call? After what happened, do I really want to see them in an important night such as the ball?

Who am I kidding, of course I want to see them. I'm absolutely worried sick about this night, I need the more friendly faces I can get.

Now that I think about it, talking about friends, it's been ages since I last talked to Phoebe. She must be so angry at me, although she knows that sometimes I just disappear. Society can be a lot to handle, after a while one needs a little breather from it. Oh well, she's better off far away from this supernatural mess.

Back to the problem at hand, I don't think I'm ready to speak to one of the brothers directly. So I opt for calling Rebekah. I take a deep breath and thinking of her I pick up the phone. Next thing I know, she'd answered.

"Hello?" her thick accent came through

"Hi Beks, it's me." I say hoping she'd recognize my voice.

"Cass? Where the bloody hell have you been? We're worried sick about you. You tell me you want to be alone and then you disappear. What happened? Klaus and Elijah are scouring the earth for you." she says in a long breath and I found myself realizing that I've missed her

"I haven't been gone that long." I murmur feeling guilty

"The last I've heard from you was two weeks ago." she retorts. Oh well, I guess that this has to do with the different perception of time.

"It feels like only a couple of days have passed." I confess

"What happened Cassandra?" she asks spelling out every word. Oh dear, she's angry.

"It's actually a long story. Turns out my whole life has been a lie. My parents must have adopted me because my father is a God, the God of the sun, among many other things, precisely. So yes Elijah was right. Now, it seems that I've angered some mystical entities and they've decided to lock me up in hell with Hades. Long story short, the latter has decided to throw a ball to introduce me to the whole family and I was wondering if you wanted to come. I really need the support." I rant quickly and if it wasn't for her supernatural hearing she wouldn't have understood me.

"So you're a goddess now eh?"

"After everything I've told you, that's the only thing you say?"

"First things first! You're going to tell me everything in the details but first, tell me everything you know about this ball. Of course I'm going to come, my brothers too ça va sans dire. They're going to freak out when I tell them what happened to you. Oh and of course I want to help you get ready." she exclaims and well I was already hoping that she would say something like that. Balls of this kind are her speciality after all.

In the next hours or so we catch up about everything that happened in these, apparently, two weeks that I've spent here.
When I asked her if there were any news in Mystic Falls, she said that nothing much happened. Klaus and Elijah left town after there had been no sing of me for two days. She had been occupied with high school stuff and different committees that Caroline had involved her into. The Scooby-Doo gang was acting normal, well as much as a bunch of vampires could act normal.

She also thought that it was important to update me on the relationship status of all of them. Apparently, Matt and her were a thing now and so were Elena and Damon. Stefan had of course left town and no one had heard from him since. At this, I hinted that it was best to check on him, remembering about the whole Silas thing.

Bonnie had found Enzo and I was so glad because I've always shipped them together. The only person I wanted to know about, she left her, not by chance, at the end.
Her partner and control freak blonde vampire love life was actually a bit of an enigma. Rebekah wasn't too sure about her relationship status. She said that she had seen her talking to Klaus a couple of times but since he left town, she hadn't asked about him. So she guessed they were keeping in touch.

Now, it is true that I've played cupid with her and Klaus, so I guess I'm happy to hear that somehow they were in a kind of relationship. Let's not play any mind to the annoyed feeling at the back of my head.

She then asked me about what happened and the place I was in. I wasn't actually able to give her much details about where I was beside the room I was in. I need to ask Hades to show me around.
Of course she wanted to know about him and I couldn't help but describe him to her in a very detailed way, focusing on his stunning looks and mindful attitude. She joked that I was crushing on him hard but I mean, only blind people weren't affected by him.

After we hung up, a soft knock filled the room. This time I didn't need to invite the person in, they came in right after.

"So, will your friends join us?" started Hades standing on the door threshold

"They will yes."

"I'm glad. Now, would you like to join me in a tour of the palace?" he offered with a smile

"I would love to! I was just thinking about it. Wait, can you read mind too?" I exclaim

He just laugh and nudge me outside the door.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
New chapter!

A filler I know but it was needed.

Are you excited for the ball the reunion between Cass and Klaus? I sure am!

What do you think is going to happen between them?

What are you expectations for the next chapter?

Now, no one commented on the dedication and Q&A thing so I guess no one liked the idea. Oh well.