Chapter 2

Here's chapter 2 enjoy and thanks for the support on the previous chapter!

Feedback is always appreciated!

I was making coffee in the kitchen while Klaus was sitting at the table in the living room waiting for me. It appears that this is gonna be a long night so I needed the caffeine. I offered him a cup but after he smelled the scent he turned his nose at it.

"British guy" I remember. So I offered him tea but he said that the only thing he needed was a place to rest. 

"So tell me, what brings you to my doorstep?" I ask him while I put the coffee in the mocha. 

For a fictional character to be real it was impossible, but I mean all evidence spoke loudly. He's even shown me his vampire face. He's grey veins under his eyes and the fags. So if the door stunt he pulled before didn't convince me, after this I had to believe that he was saying the truth. Now, I just have to understand how is this possible.

"Honestly love, I don't have a logical explanation for it. I just an instinct that has led me here and a voice in my head that told me that this was the right thing to do," he says looking around at the kitchen

I turn up the gas under the mocha and turn to him.  

"So you show up at my door for an instinct? Where were you before you came here?" I ask taking a seat in front of him

He doesn't speak for a while trying to remember but then looks at me shaking his head as if saying that he has no idea.

"This only gets weirder and weirder," I say under my breath but I'm sure that thanks to his supernatural hearing he's heard me

"Now let me ask you a question. How did you know that I was a vampire and all those stuff about vampires?" he says with a curious tone 

I open my mouth a couple of time trying to find a polite way to say that actually, he's not real and that he shouldn't be here when the sound of the coffee coming out saves me. I pour it into a cup.

"Are you sure that you don't want some?" I ask while adding some sugar

"Yes, I'm sure love thanks. What I'd like, is you to answer my question," he says and I can sense that he's getting frustrated with me avoiding the question

I sit down again and taking a sip of my hot drink I look at him. He meets my gaze and holds his eyebrow expectantly. I let out a sigh before talking again.

"How do I put it without hurting you?" I mumble making him only grow more curious

"I don't want to sound rude or anything but you shouldn't be here. I mean, I know all about you, your family and vampires because you are part of a saga." I say not meeting his eyes right away

When I look up I find him looking at the cup with a hard gaze, like he's processing what I said.

"A saga?"

"Books. You play the part of the villain in the books called "The Vampire Diaries". They've also made a tv show about it and also dedicated a whole spin-off to your story and your family's." I say trying to use simple words so that he could understand everything. Even though I'm not sure how familiar he is with tv series.

"So you're saying that we're fictional characters?" he asks after a moment of silence. His face was void of emotions so I couldn't really predict what he was thinking. But then again, Klaus doesn't deal well with emotions let alone with the idea of not being real.

"Well you're supposed to be, yes," I say with a soft voice

From being at the table with the cup of coffee in my hands I was harshly pushed to the wall in the blink of an eye. An angry Klaus had my neck in his hands and was staring hard into my eyes.

"Bullshit! Why are you messing with me like this? Do you have a death wish?" he asks with anger in his voice

"I'm not messing with you and I certainly don't want to die. Why don't you compel me? You'll see that I'm saying the truth." I say trying to get him to calm down. His grip on me wasn't that harsh but it wasn't comfortable either.

"Don't you think that I've already tried that? It seems that you can't be compelled." 

That sure is interesting but now how am I going to get him to trust me?

"Okay, then what about, you let me go and I tell you something personal about you and your family?" He seems to agree with me because he frees my neck but he stills hovers dangerously over me

"I know what you did to your mother." 

I don't look at him right away knowing that this is something that pains him nonetheless. He steps away from me and sits back and I know that now he believes me.

"Well then, it appears you know my greatest shame and my deepest secrets. Seeing as you know everything about me it seems only fair that you tell me something about yourself." He says and every trace of shame and pain leaves his face and there it is again the infamous smirk.

This shown interest in me takes me off guard for a moment but I guess he has a point.

"There's not much to say. My name is Cassandra, unusual I know but my mother is obsessed with Greek mythology. I've never understood why she's chosen exactly this name given that she isn't exactly famous among her people but oh well. I love books and tv series, I'm messy and oh I like coffee." I say raising the coffee cup that was now cold. I'm not really good at being on the spot. I think he notices that and changes the topic. 

"So, let's talk about these books or tv series, what exactly happens to me and my family?" 

"Oh well, where do I start?"

----------------------------------------------------------------------

What do you think Cas should tell Klaus? The whole truth, just some parts or nothing at all?