Chapter 23

Millions of emotions swirled in my mind after my talk with Hades. A part of me felt stupid for believing him so quickly but there  was another part that knew that he was telling the truth. I don't know how to explain it really. I was never good with logic.

The first few days were spent in the room that assigned to me rethinking about everything.

Could this be the new turn that my life has taken or was I locked up in an asylum right now and this was just one big allucination?

The thought of it all being something that my mind made up was impossible for me to bear.

Everything has felt so real: the tedious when Klaus would annoy me, the satisfaction when I would say something that would shut him up, the fear when Stefan abducted me and Damon's when his arm caught fire, the disbelief when I found out about my roots, the hurt when I exposed Klaus and Elijah's lies.

It couldn't be all made up.

Hades told me it was a test that the Moirai put me through. So does it mean that they created this illusion in order to put me to the test? But than again, he did talk about "another universe" as if he was implying that they were actually real. Or at least, I hope so.

When it comes to my current situation, I wasn't exactly sure what to feel. First, there was sadness. I hadn't even had the time to deal with the heartbreak, that I'm suddenly thrown in the Underworld and told I'm being punished.

For what exactly?

I was just trying to do what was right for them. In the most selfless way, might I add.

I even cleared my mind from any idea that involved a possible something with Klaus and pushed him into Caroline's arms because I saw how happy she made him. And that's what I get in return? Being locked up like an helpless princess in Hell?

So then, as you can see, there was rage.
This punishment, as Hades had called it, I'm not fine with it. I'm not five anymore, they cannot just put me in a corner because I did something they didn't like. I don't even know what I did! If they could've talked to me, none of this would have happened. So really, it's their fault.

The more I thought about it, the more restless I became. I needed answers, and I'm not going to get them if I keep locking myself in this room.

Firm in my decision, I get up and open the door to get out of the room. I step into the hallway and it takes me about one second to realize that I don't know this palace.

How the hell do I find Hades?

-----------------------------—--------------------------------------
I know this is shorter than the last few chapters but I saw that they didn't have been responded to well.

So I thought, I would make more but shorter chapters. And I also wanted to show how Cass was dealing with all of this.

What do you think?

About Hades? About Cassandra's reaction? About what was going to happen?

Let me know!