Chapter 17

Let me tell you something, not only the Originals family was able to keep a civil conversation but also they are open-minded and good listeners. I mean, after having survived a thousand years I shouldn't be surprised by their diplomacy.

When we got back, Klaus apologised to them. Well, it wasn't quite an apology but in his own way it was and his siblings understood that and made the effort as well to not let their rage get the best of them.

I wouldn't say that they solved all of their problems, it wouldn't be possible in such a short time, but they gathered together and talked about them like a family. It wasn't much but it was a start and I knew that that was what Klaus needed after the whole Mikeal thing.

When they sat around the fireplace I actually left them to it, knowing that it was family time, and for the first time in what felt like ages, I was left alone, taking all that happened all in for the first time.

So, what the hell happened in that basement exactly?
How the heck was I able to set something on fire? Was it even me that caused it?

Then, there is that weird dream I had and those strange voices. Has it even a meaning or was it just a dream? Are the two things related to each other somehow?

Should I dig into this or just pretend that nothing happened?

I was deep in thought and wasn't aware of the time but I guess a good hour went by, given that Klaus was now sitting on a bench with Caroline.
I saw them by the window when I came near to it during my anxious pacing.

Well, that's a surprise.

"I don't trust her" I hear Elijah's voice coming from behind me.

I was now watching Klaus and Caroline talking from the balcony of my room so I assume he's talking about Caroline.

"I admit that her coming here is quite suspicious but I think she is growing more and more attached to him. Even if she won't ever admit it." I say what I think trying to make him see her under a different light.

"When she is here it's always because her friends want Klaus distracted." he states 

Well, he's actually true but I don't think that's the case. Since yesterday though everything that's happening is different from the show so that makes everything impredictable for me. I can only guess the reason she's here now, like every one of them.

"She is drawn to him like he is to her. She feeds off his confidence and strength and makes him want to be a better person. They're quite the match." I explain to him why I think they should be together. I just wish that she would warm up to him sooner rather than later.

I actually never liked the way Caroline is described to be Klaus' light. There's just something wrong with that statement. Klaus has always had a light inside of him, it has been dimmed until now, he just needed a reason to let it shine bright.

"Why are you helping him?" he asks after a while changing the subject

"Because I can so why wouldn't I?" I reply even though I sense that my answer didn't satisfy his suspicion

"So you don't hope to gain anything in return?" he then asks looking at me attentively maybe looking for signs that I'm lying

"His happiness I guess." I say still watching the lovebirds

The honesty in my voice was unmistakable and that left him speechless for a while even though I know that his questioning wasn't over yet.

"Are you in love with my brother Cassandra?" he finally asks 

This was the last thing I was expecting him to ask so I was left stunned and I tore my eyes away from them to look into his eyes. How could I possibly give him an answer when I've never processed my emotions for Klaus? I wasn't going to start now for sure.

"I do care for him, yes. However, I'm not sure it's in that way. Romantical love I mean. I don't know what kind of relationship we have but I'm sure it won't go in that direction." I opt for a half-truth returning to watch over them.

"Well, it seemed like you're very close. He trusts you and that does say something." he implies

I chuckle a little understanding what he's saying. I don't even allow myself to think that he's right. I know better.

"Maybe it does. However, I don't bother with these things. I know that my place it's not by his side. I can't help but think that me being here is temporary. So yes, I do love him. Not in that way though. I don't think that love would do anything here other than make everything worst." I finally confess. I don't know why but I tell him the truth.

There's something in Elijah that calms me. Maybe it's his confidence, the power that emanates from his every gesture,even from his posture.

He looks deep into my eyes sensing the sincerity in my words, I don't why but it's almost like he knows that this was a confession.

"Well, love can complicate things. On this my brother will agree with you. Of whatever nature your relationship is, I don't really care. The intention of all those question wasn't to pry into your affairs but to merely protect my brother. He doesn't do well with disappoitment and loss as I'm sure you're aware. However, it seems that there is no need to worry and seeing as you're somewhat important to my brother, you're important to me as well. So, whatever you need, please feel free to come to me." He says after a while

I don't say anything and just smile at him, appreciating his words and his offer. The conversation seemed to have reached its end when we both turn to look to the lovebirds. But I couldn't concentrate on them, my mind was still too full of unanswered questions. So, when I feel Elijah walking out of the room, out of instict I stop him before he could fully go out.

"Actually, there is something I need help with." I say without thinking twice about what I was going to put myself into

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And I'm back! (Sooner than you thought, I know)

So, today is my birthday and I thought of giving myself a present and take a little time off studying to do something that I like. And here comes another chapter.

I know what most of you is thinking and yes,to answer all of your questions, Klaroline will happen. There's already a little taste of it in this chapter.

That's because I never wanted this story to be the usual clichè where a girl meets Klaus and somehow the two of them fall in love. I want this story to be more about Cassandra and her journey to discover who she really is. I'm not sure if I'm doing it in the right way or if the message it's gotten across but that was the plan.

With this being said, I also wanted Cass to bond with other members of the family. In this chapter we see her having an heartful conversation with Elijah, so what do we think about it? and what about them?

Mind you, I'm not saying that there is going to be something of romantical nature between them but I think it'd be good for Cass to have someone to rely one other than Klaus and herself.

What are your thoughts about it? And about this chapter?

Let me know what you think! Feedback is always appreciated!