Chapter 5

So it was true, Klaus isn't the only one that has come back, every TVD and TO character has too.

We share a look before he answers the phone putting it on speaker. 

"Hello brother, to what do I owe the pleasure?" Klaus says

"Niklaus, I have heard something that might interest you," Elijah says not bothering with formalities

"Do tell, brother"

"I get that the key to breaking your curse is in Mystic Falls. I must say that I appreciate the irony of the situation." Wait, how does he already know? Oh, Katerina! How could I forget? He's in love with her and in the beginning, he works with the Mystic Falls crew against Klaus

Speaking of him, he doesn't reply right away to his brother. He was watching me and probably understood that I was having an epiphany. I looked at him and shake my head and wave my finger to tell him to play it dumb, and don't tell Elijah that he already knows.

"I guess it's true then, life does work in mysterious ways," Klaus replies

"So, we'll see each other there then? When am I to expect your arrival?"I hear Elijah asks. He's really luring his brother to a trap then. 

Again, Klaus looks at me before replying back. I scroll my shoulders as if to say "I don't know, it's your call." And after a while, he explains to Elijah that he has some stuff to sort out before meeting him in Mystic Falls but that he's going to call him when he's on his way and then he hangs up.

Putting the phone down he looks at me expectantly. 

"It's a trap." I let him know without dancing around it. He doesn't say anything waiting for me to evaluate. "Elijah is working with them to prevent you to complete the ritual that will unleash your werewolf side. Don't feel too betrayed though. He's only doing it to protect Kathrine and because you've pretty much daggered every member of his family." I explain trying to not make him too mad at Elijah. He's probably going to dagger him too and that won't work out well for him in the end.

He scoffs and starts to pace around the room thinking about what I told him. "I find it amusing how every member of my family manages to disappoint and betray me in a way or another. I shouldn't be surprised though, I've always known that Elijah never really forgave me for driving Katerina away. But no more, I'm not going to let him get in my way towards freedom." he says with his voice increasingly high

"Klaus" I call him with a soft voice, not wanting to upset him even more. He stops pacing and turns to me. " You can't dagger your siblings every time they do something that you don't like. They're their own persons. Plus, that's not how you keep a family united. You should build your relationships on trust not on forced confinement." I try to resonate with him. 

"I know you think you have me figured out but you don't know me. So don't try to give me family advice or mingle yourself in affairs that don't concern you. Now, tell me how I can be able to create more hybrids and be able to break the curse and I will be on my way." he angrily spits back at me

Wow, Klaus that bursts out when someone puts him on the spot. How shocking. Nonetheless, it hurts a little. It's been years since I've decided that my behaviour wasn't going to be a response for others' but a consequence of my beliefs. And being kind was one of the things I wanted to be. With some people it's hard though, I'm not going to lie. However, I shouldn't take this personally, I know he's lashing out for his brother's betrayal. That doesn't mean that he can treat me this way though.

"Well then, you're right. It's none of my business so no, I'm not going to say anything. Go to Mystic Falls and you'll know soon enough." I stand up and walk out of the room. I'm not going to help him if he mistreats me, I have other things to do anyway.

I hear him calling my name but I don't pay him any attention. I've had enough Klaus drama for today.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Things are about to get interesting! They had their first fight. We know Klaus so it's nothing unusual but still, Cas it's not fine with anyone who treats her like that.

In the next chapter, things are either going to be sorted out or even messier. 

I guess you'll have to wait and see... *evil laugh*

By the way, thanks for reading this story! I really appreciate it.