Complications

Sunday has come and I'm stuck lying in my room at Ben's house. I've gone home immediately last wednesday right after the talk between me and Axel. I just can't believe it. I want to know what made him ask something like that but I can't find the strength to go back the day after. I should go tomorrow and resign. What mess did I brought myself into?

As I step out from the bathroom, an hourglass was placed in my table again. I knew it. He's here. I bet something is wrog again. I quickly change into a comfortable jeans and plain shirt then my only rubber shoes. I put on a jacket because it would be cold in the woods right now for sure.

I stop running when I saw his back. "Hello Max. You're running as usual."

"Well, just a sort of exercise."

He nods and continue talking. "You have a problem."

"What?" I blinked a few times trying to consume his words. What problem?

"I must say problems. First,with Axel."

"You knew?"

"I'm always with you Max. I need to take you away from here. But I still want you to find out why he had asked you to marry him. Second, your hourglass seems to be running fast."

"What do you mean?" This is making me dizzy. Why do I always have problems with this proposition? If only I just know this would happen, I shoud not have agreed with this. This is too much to take. I don't think I want to listen further.

"Your time is fast approaching to end Max."

"Did I make it? I survived, right? I'm gonna see my family again. Everything will be back to normal for me, right? I can't die. I promise my mom."

"I see you have something in your existence."

"What?" I think I'm really gonna pass out right now.

"You have skipped a year and you have to take it back after you woke up."

"So that's why I have to get away from here? How's that even possible?"

"I don't know. We just lost track of your time. That's the impossible thing but considering you skipped it, it's a first. Your clock is unusual. Even the other timekeepers didn't know how that happen."

"It feels like I don't miss something except that I haven't in a prom."

"And may I know what's the reason?"

"I don't remember. Maybe I was too busy with my career."

"How did you celebrate your 18th birthday?"

I scanned through my head how but I don't remember. I don't remember having an amnesia before I die. Does that mean I skipped my 18th year?

"I don't remember."

"That's the year you haven't taken. The only option is to take you back as an 18 year and everthing will go backwards."

"Is that even possible?"

"Let's work it out next time. Goodbye Max."

************

I walk home unaware of what more is on my way. This is completely insane. I just have a very crazy life. Can I do it all? Can I survive here? What's my 18 year old body looks like?