Clarity

It's saturday, my day off. Axel had informed Ben the other day that I will be off for weekends. I don't know  why but my fake uncle feels very obliged to drive me home. He arrives just the time I walk out of the house.

"Good morning niece." He talks to me as I climbed the truck.

"Hello Ben. Uhm,you don't really have to fetch me home."

"I feel responsible since you live in our house Angela. Well, even just for the weekends."

"I must say thank you for that Uncle Ben."

We both laugh on the way home and talk nonstop about Alicia's delicious foods and what are we gonna do for my two days break.

We arrived home safely. Ben get my bag from my hands and I turn to him.

"Seriously Ben, thank you for everything." And I hug him.

"Oh my god, you're really going to be a good father if we only have a child." Alicia said as she leans in the door.

"Well, I can be your child."

I smiled widely to the couple but it fades out when Alicia speaks.

"But you won't stay here forever Angela. You have to go at the right time. When you're ready."

"How did you know?"

Ben immediately talk and looks at Alicia as if he's signalling for something.

"Maybe we should head to the kitchen. Alicia prepared something for breakfast. I know Angela hasn't eaten anything at the mansion before we left."

"Wait, I want to know."

Ben seems so stiff and Alicia squeezes her palm with an uneasy face.

"Please"

"We should eat our breakfast now."

********************

I go to the room Alicia told me to stay. It was painted light brown, just like my room's color in my real world. And the sheets on my bed are also brown. My table was placed at the right side of the bed where I always want it to be placed. The curtains are dark brown and I feel thankful for that because I hate to see the morning light immediately as I open my eyes. This room is somewhat a resemblance to my real room, difference is it's a bit smaller. I lay in the bed and feel the softness of the pillows and the comfort of the sheets. It may not be as big as my queen-sized bed at home but it is as comfortable as that.

While I'm taking my time studying the whole room, there's something in the table that easily caught my eye. It's an hourglass, a replica of that I've seen in my room before I came here. And the same kind of notepad was also placed near the hourglass with the same penmanship.

Max,
Meet me in the woods.
                                  Timekeeper

I immediately run out of the room to go to the woods. I find Ben and Alicia to tell them I'm going for a hike but all I found was a note saying they have gone to town to buy some ingredients for the dishes Alicia will prepare for lunch and also some house stuffs. It's a very cold morning with no sun shining on so I put on a jacket and a pair of rubber shoes I suppose Alicia had bought for me. Good thing I decided to wear pants and not some dress.

I walk faster than usual adding a bit of running just to be there quick. I sighed and slowed my pace just as I saw the timekeeper.

"You don't have to run all the way here Max. I'll always wait for you."

"My questions can't wait."

"I told you already. You will be the one to uncover it all."

"So what are we doing here then?"