The new beginning

I certainly don't know what a life after death really means but based on what my grandma says, it was like what I'm doing now. Talking as if I'm still a normal human being and feels like I'm still alive, as if my soul was still bound with my flesh and bones. It's a very amazing feeling though.

My thoughts were immediately interrupted when my timekeeper spoke.

"Shall we now start?"

"Uh, yeah"

"First off, you will be sent to a place completely different from where you used to be. No more mansion, no more riches and fame, no more luxury life, and no more famous singer. Just you and yourself alone."

"Wait a minute. How will I live? How about my family? How about my name?"

"You'll find your own way to live. As for your family, we still have to talk about it."

Right now I really want to ask him 'do i really have to do this to have a second life?' and 'what did I do to deserve this torture?' But on second thought, I already accepted this proposition and there is no going back.

"Second, well, your family won't be with you on your journey." (wait, a journey?) "You will no longer be the famous Maxene Angeline Andrews."

"Well,I just go by the name Max-"

"No more interruptions."

That keeps me quiet for a while really.

"You come up with the first name you had in mind as you reach the place and try to keep your true name a secret, and even every single thing about you. Oh, I think we should wash off your hair color. I prefer your original black hair."

"How do you know that?"

"I've been with you ever since you were born,child."

"Oh."

"Now, another thing. You'll have to change for a better."

"What do you mean?"

"Start making the things you'd never done like caring for others, make a living like normal people do and-"

"Wait a minute."

"You have a habit of interrupting people."

I rolled my eyes. "Why do I have to care about other people? I don't want to interfere with others lives, I mean it's their life to care and-"

"See? Now that's what I want you to change. I want you to think differently. To get off of your own perceptions."

I don't know but I always feel taken aback everytime he talks to me about things I do that seems to be wrong in the eyes of other people. Am I really that bad? Am I too dense that I only see those who admire me and ignore the ones who were already pissed off by my deeds? This is making me crazy.

"Shall we continue?"

"Of course"

"Good. Now, you'll be staying there without attempting to see or find your family."

"For how long?"

"Until I can say you're ready."

"Ready for what?"

"For the new Max but still the same superstar." Did I just hear a sarcasm from him?

"Would my family know?"

"All they knew is that you don't exist. They just have one child and that is your brother. You will be completely unknown even to your admirers. You will be just an ordinary girl."