A new found friend

Another lame chapter.. peace

************************

I'm awaken by a loud voice in my room. It's a voice of a girl who just seem to see her crush or her mother's cat messed her prom dress. I got up and saw Emily pacing back and forth and squeling. She quites herself as I got.

"Emily, why are you squeling?"

"I'm so sorry Angela. Just can't help it."

"What is it?"

"Chandler is coming home."

"So? Is he your crush? He's married isn't he?"

"Not that,silly. My bestfriend is coming with him. They're cousins."

We hear a sound of a truck outside and she runs out of the room.

Bestfriend

******************
I used to go with my cousins to the park most of the times, but one particular day I've gone there alone. It was indeed a hot day but I didn't care. I just want to be alone and away from home. I feel so lonely back there, no one to talk to, not even my nanny. I hated hearing my parents' arguments so I always lock myself in my room. But now, it's different. I want to be away from them, I want to ride on a train or even a plane or just a bus just to escape from the loneliness I feel. But could that help? If only I had a big brother or sister like my classmates and cousins. Maybe I could talk it out and forget about what happen.

I sit on the swing face-palmed. I really wish I could have someone to talk to right now. But not a friend, I hate that. They're fakes, they will show themselves when they needed something and will be gone when they don't need you. It's a never ending cycle and I don't want to involve myself. It's just a waste of time. They'll just cause heartache. They'll just hurt me.

A young tan girl with a pink dress, pink shoes and pink ladyhat comes to me and plaster a huge smile when she stands in front of me.

"Hi! My name is Lindy. 5 years of age. We just moved here yesterday. And our house is just a block away from here." She points the direction to their house. "How about you?" She said and she's still smiling. Gaaah, I hate it, she wants to be friends for sure. I hate her for that already.

"Uhm, are you mute.?"

"No."

"Why won't you speak? You're beautiful. I wish I could be as pretty as you. Do you like black? Your shoes are black. My brother said that's his base for someone's favorite color."

"You talk so much. Black isn't a color."

"I'm sorry."

"I'm Max, I live on the nearby street, just the same to your direction. If that's what you want to know. And I'm also 5."

She's still silent so I added,
"Black is my favorite, but it isn't a color."

"You're dull for a 5 year old. Children were supposed to be going for bright things. But I don't mind about that really, what I do mind is that you're very white and you're pretty and did you just pick your outfit? 'Cause it's really cool. And-"

"Do you often speak that fast? And you're so self-conscious for a kid."

"That's how a cheerleader should talk."

"More like a gofus."

"You're a bad girl."

"You're a spoiled kid."

"You're a lesbian."

"You're a - I'm what?"

"Sorry Max. I just- you're name is so manly and you act like a boy."

"You'll gonna call me Maxene from now on. Oh, I doubt if I'll ever talk to you. I won't ever play with you, remember that."

"I'm sorry. Can we just be friends?" And she started crying. Her face is funny so I laugh hard.

"Why are you laughing?"

"You're face is funny. Hahaha"

"So are we friends now?"

"We're bestfriends. Wanna come and play with me in our house?"

"Yay! Can we stop by our house? I'll just ask permission."

"Of course."

We walked hand in hand in our way home. I wonder why I told her we're bestfriends. I never wanted to have one but-

"Hey Max, you're name is cool."

"Thanks."

"How come you act so mature?"

And a never ending question and answer portion is now happening. Lindy just can't stop talking. I hate noisy people. Arrggggh

Lindy and I are still bestfriends even until we step high school even when we grow completely opposite to each other. She never leaves me even if I shut her down a couple of times. I try to break our friendship but she don't want the idea and would often say "Who are you gonna talk to and stay by your side when you're lonely if I'll leave you." She's a sister I never had and I'm so grateful to that.

How I miss my bestfriend. Can I still come back to her and my family??