The Last Time

I knocked on Axel's door with my resignation paper in hand. No one welcomes me as I enter the room. I leave the folder in his desk and start packing my belongings on the quarter.

"You sure you're leaving?" I turned to see Marie leaning on the door frame.

"Yes."

"Is it because of your 'lovers' quarrel'?"

"What? We aren't lovers. But its something 'bout an argument." I wonder where he is right now. Is he also thinking about what he said? Or I was just the one assuming he is thinking.

I put my things on the truck Ben rented for me for the meantime. This experience has been wonderful. I get to play the other role of life, and its really enjoyable. But I need to face the big complication in real life and I could finally forget about Axel. I'm not gonna lie. I am attracted to him. Who will not? I mean, he's handsome and intelligent. He might be cocky sometimes but he's a bit of a gentleman. And his family is rich and I'm pretty sure he's also going to be someday because he's got the ability and determination.

It's better to leave soon than developing my feelings for him. I'm leaving anyways. I'm going back to another world. To my world.

"Oww, watch it!"

"Oh,I'm so sorry. Are you hurt?" I totally didn't know I bumped into a lady until she spoke. I don't even know how I got here. It's because of my habit of spacing out that I have gotten into accidents.

"Hey! You listening? Gosh, what a walking disaster." The woman is still young. Probably around my age. And she's a bit shorter than me. She's a blonde with green eyes. She's dressed like a slut and her face is covered with too much make up, that is not like such in the photoshoots. Over-all it looks slutty.

"Hey! Who do you think you are?!"

It may be disrespectful but I'm out of myself today. Axel spoke as soon as I open my mouth to reply.

"My wife-to-be."

"You're kidding right?" Now the slut's eyes grow wide and man, it was creepy. "I'm your fianceé. And this woman." She said pointing at me. "Can't be your wife. Look at her. Her dress is not descent. Look."

"Excuse me. I think a person can be descent not just by his clothing but also by how he talk. And I'm not his wife-to-be."

She raises her brows and turn to leave us muttering "dirty beggar". Is this how I treat other people in my real life?

A hand grasp my wrist and drags me outside. "I think I can walk señorito."

"That's not my name. And I don't care if you can walk or I'm holding you too type because that's what I want to do forever."

"Wh-what do you mean?"

"I like you and that's not it. I think I'm falling in love with you."

"But it's just 3 weeks. That's impossible."

"Nothing is impossible for love."

"You've lost your mind. It can't be. We're not meant for each other." I look at him and his eyes are completely sad. It's hurt that I see and as much as I wanted to stay here with him, with them, I can't because it's not my life. I wasn't in my world right now and it pains me to say straight in his eyes that I gotta go. Because as much as I hate to admit, I like him. I really do. It's because everything about him feels so right and in glee. "I have to go."

"If that's what you want. Ben will hand you your last salary later." His voice is shaky and his hands are now cold. "Goodbye Gela."
Then an arm snakes around my waist and a hand holds the back of my head pushing me to him and kisses me. The kiss is gentle and quick. It's my first kiss. He is my first kiss. But the kiss felt like a goodbye. He lets go of me and turn to go back inside.

I still touch my lips as I drive home. It's gonna be the last time I'll see him. Oh my god. Is Axel the guy in my dreams? And the kiss, is that what the dream meant? Am I going back home now?