❤️Weekly Flowers 3❤️

(Y/N) sighed as Inko measured her for her wedding dress.

Midoriya Inko was the best seamstress in the entire village, and couldn't possibly be happier with making her future daughter-in-law's wedding dress.

"You have no idea how long I've waited for my baby boy to make a move on you. He's been gushing over you since you two were 4!" Inko said as she pinned the makeshift gown.

"Has he? I guess I never noticed," (Y/N) smiled softly.

"You've always been such a sweetheart towards him. I can't imagine how he could have not fallen for you," Inko said.

"I mean, I'm not much. I don't understand how he could love someone like me. I'm not exactly lovable," the bride-to-be frowned.

Ever since the prince's engagement began, (Y/N)'s self-esteem had plummeted. She felt as though no one could love her.

Hell, she didn't understand why she could think she could have a chance with someone as handsome or as important as the prince.

It's the main reason why (Y/N) said yes to Izuku. Even if she didn't love him, she felt no one else could love her the way he did. He was always by her side and always supportive, and she thought she could be the same for him. She could learn to love him. If she hadn't said yes, she felt as though no one would be able to learn to love her.

"Sweetie, don't say that. Don't you dare say you're unlovable? You're one of the most caring, honest, and amazing people I know. You're absolutely beautiful," Inko said as she looked into (Y/N)'s teary eyes.

"But Inko... Izuku deserves more. He deserves so much more than me," (Y/N) sniffled.

"Izuku is marrying you because he loves you. He's doing it because he knows your worth and will give you everything you'll need. You just need to see it."

"What if my heart belongs to another whom I can't be with?" (Y/N) whispered, looking out the window at the castle off in the distance.

"Why say yes to my son then?" Inko asked.

"Because I know he loves me for me, and doesn't just want to marry me to0. have someone to boss around. He's doing it to take care of me... I love him as a friend, and he knows that," (Y/N) sighed. "I'll learn to love him. I'll learn to see him as my husband and not just a friend."

"What if you don't? What will you do then?"

"I'll learn to live with it. After all, it's against the law to divorce without the proper paperwork, and the court makes you pay a fortune. Something we couldn't possibly afford," (Y/N) explained.

"It's better to be alone than in an unhappy marriage, is it not?" Inko asked.

"I'd prefer to have company. I don't want to be alone for the rest of my life," (Y/N) said.

"You can most certainly find someone who you will love and will love you back," Inko argued.

"I doubt it."

Inko sighed, giving in to the fact that nothing would change the girl's mind.

"Well, I'm done with the measurements. Izuku is waiting for you at the bakery," Inko said as she hurried the girl out the door.