Chapter 5

5 - Let's Talk After You've Been Beaten

Two days later, the results came out. Chen Yuanming's grades were good, earning him seventh place in the class rankings and fifteenth in the entire grade [1]. After issuing the papers, the seats were arranged according to the grades as usual. In the past when he used to place 20-30th in the rankings, he would be squeezed into the back row for various reasons. Now... Chen Yuanming picked up his school bag, and once he seated himself in the middle of the third row, the expression on Teacher Han's face was priceless. For these "achievements", it is difficult for him to say whether he is happy or stunned in his heart.

  By adding his two lifetimes together, he has already long passed the age when he would be proud of making such a counterattack. The more the memories of previous life were restored, the less worth mentioning these school conflicts became. The things that had caused him pain and torment, that had caused him to toss back and forth, to put it bluntly, were just a poor reflection of real society. Compared to his naive and laughable life at school, there were still too many things in the world that couldn't be shaken with one's own strength.

  That being said, when he was blocked on a secluded path, Chen Yuanming still let out a sneer. Today he had that he would go to Sun Lang's house to see the style of gloves. He didn't even take the road that led from his house, and hadn't expected to be confronted by someone. He only saw that not far away in front of him, a boy with a round, chubby face and a thick waist was blocking the middle of the road. At his feet he was peddling the most fashionable mountain bike with variable speed at this time. His hair was combed into a middle-parting and the small eyes behind his glasses were proudly curved into two thin slits. Behind him stood two "brothers [2]", and they looked almost the same as ordinary school bullies.

  Upon discovering that the "prey" had seen him, that guy turned over and got off the bicycle. He took with him his brothers and arrogantly walked forward two steps. His eyes moved provocatively over the gauze that was wrapped around Chen Yuanming's head, "Did you become smarter after you hit your head, and even knew how to cheat on the exam? "

  Chen Yuanming hooked up a corner of his mouth, and silently took off the schoolbag from his shoulder. The shoulder strap was wrapped twice around his hand, hanging heavily. The youth who was standing opposite of him was named Ma Zhiqiang, his father was the director of one of the branches at a factory, and his mother worked at the Food Bureau. Therefore, even if his grades failed to reach the admission level for the Third Middle School, he could still imposingly enter the advanced class, and even used the excuse of having "nearsightedness" to sit in the first row.

  A student with such preferential treatment originally should've had nothing to do with Chen Yuanming. Who could've known that since the start of the second year of middle school last semester, the two would inexplicably have a conflict. Ma Zhiqiang's words were that "this guy isn't pleasing to the eyes". In the environment of the advanced class, the original Chen Yuanming had no place or power, but there were a lot of classmates with this kind of power who would stir things up, and the impact would be evident. After being isolated and discriminated against for more than a year, he finally couldn't help but get into a fight with Ma Zhiqiang. As a result, he injured his head, was warned by the school, criticized by the class teacher, and scolded by his parents, while the other party was given a "victim" status due to the bruises on his face.

  In his original memories, he had fought a few more times with him in the last half a year of middle school, and was almost expelled from school. Nowadays, although he didn't intend to involve himself in these kinds of things, but since they brought themselves to him, not doing anything.wouldn't be good either