Chapter 6

6 - Preparations

When he entered the house, the scent of food rushed out. Liu Yun had just brought over a large plate filled with ribs to the table, with some carrots and mushrooms mixed in the broth. Just looking at it could make a person drool.

  At the sound of the door opening, Liu Yun immediately turned her head, and greeted Chen Yuanming with a smile, "Doudou you're finally here, I told Maomao to go... Aiya, what happened to your clothes, where did you get hurt?!"

  With one look, she saw the boy's dirty knees and his backpack that was carrying black-red blood stains. Liu Yun walked over anxiously and pulled Chen Yuanming to get a closer look.

  "Let's not talk about it, when I arrived Doudou was surrounded by several classmates and was about to get beaten up!" Sun Lang chimed in from the side, "The injury on his head was caused by those guys, who knows how many times this has happened before!"

  "How could this be?! "Liu Yun got mad when she heard,"Have you told your mother? Let her go speak to your class teacher! "

   "Auntie, this is really nothing." Chen Yuanming smiled awkwardly and said evasively, "And it's already winter vacation now, this isn't worth caring about..."

  "You're too closed-off and reserved! If you were more like Er Mao then how could you still be bullied..." Thinking of Chen Yuanming's situation at home, Liu Yun couldn't help but sigh, this child was alright, but his parents cared too much about keeping appearances. When the kids would stir up trouble in the courtyard when they were younger, as long as they met Chen Jianhua, without even allowing an explanation, he'd directly give his son a beating. After that, not many people dared to play with him anymore..

  She went and got a wet towel, and patted off all the dust. Liu Yun pressed Chen Yuanming onto the seat, "Eat first, you're too skinny, if you get stronger then they wouldn't dare to bully you!"

  Two dishes and a soup were on the table, and each person had a fluffy bowl of white rice in front of them, just looking at it made one want to start eating. Sun Lang had already grabbed a rib with his chopsticks and placed it into Chen Yuanming's bowl, "That's right! No one dares to mess with me at school!"

  "Auntie will also be knitting gloves at home during this time, so Doudou, you could come to Auntie's house during winter vacation, and study and do homework with Maomao..." Liu Yun also grabbed a chopstick-full of cabbage stewed with noodles and stuffed it into Chen Yuanming's bowl, and the food in his bowl piled up. "Right, what mark did you score for the end of this term?"

  "679 points, seventh in the class." Chen Yuanming ferociously ate two mouthfuls of food and evened out the teetering pile of food that had been placed in his bowl.

  "How much?!" The rice in Sun Lang's mouth flew out, and he looked at Chen Yuanming with a shocked look. At this time, L City still used the local unified examination papers, and the total score for seven subjects added up was 700, "It's only 20 points less and you're only seventh in the class?!!! Why is Middle School No. 3 so weird, the first place person in our entire class only has 680 points!"

  "Also, you placed in the top 50 rankings within the entire school, yet look at how little points you got!" Liu Yun bluntly gave her son a look, and turned her head to smile at Chen Yuanming, saying, "Really, if you come over here you can also help Maomao with his schoolwork, Auntie is worried to death over it."

  Looking at Liu Yun's kind smile, Chen Yuanming couldn't understand. Sun Lang's father was the director of one of the branches in a factory. Sun Lang should go to a university in this city, and be directly arranged to go work in the factory after graduating. As for the required scores to get into the several high schools in L City, Sun Lang was able to get admitted into high school, and going to university wouldn't be a problem for him. These words were nothing more than her worrying about him being bullied by others, and wanting to let Sun Lang help him block some of these things.