CHAPTER 15

That night, Scarface did not return to the hotel and as there was no other entertainment equipment in the room, Chen Yuanming fell asleep early. Early the next morning, the proprietress of the hotel knocked, opened the door with a smile and invited Chen Yuanming to breakfast.

The proprietress and her family lived in a courtyard on the first floor of the hotel which consisted of two small separate rooms. In the living room was a large round table laden with a steaming bowl of fermented glutinous rice, three delicacies wrapped in tofu skin and hot and dry noodles. A somewhat wealthy-looking, yet unfamiliar man, who was sporting black-rimmed glasses was sitting at the table.

"Ah Ming, this is my husband. His name is Wang Haitao. Just call him Brother Wang!" Su Xiao, who was the hotel owner's wife made enthusiastic introductions. "Come on, why don't you try some of our Wuhan specialties? It's most comforting to enjoy a bowl of hot and dry noodles early in the morning."

A bowl of hot and dry noodles was pushed in front of Chen Yuanming and its pungent smell wafted out. Although his psychological age was not small, his body was really young so Chen Yuanming's stomach immediately rumbled. The two other people at the table both smiled. Chen Yuanming, who was a little bit embarrassed, scratched his head, said hello to his host and started eating.

Looking at the somewhat carefree young man in front of him, Wang Haitao, who was sitting opposite him, did not appear care much. His face held a warm smile and a pleasant expression. He did not look like a business man but rather resembled a grass-roots work instructor who always showed care to the masses and was kind to others.

While eating and talking, their dinner table conversation was a bit erratic but after a few sentences Chen Yuanming clearly sensed the sophistication in Wang Haitao's verbal exchanges. If Chen Yuanming had really been a 15-year-old child this old man would probably have cleaned him up already.

However, when talking to smart people one does not need to worry. You just need to show your confidence and pretend that you have not overlooked anything. After a few rounds of conversation, Chen Yuanming was able to confirm that the other party was really sincere and began to seriously consider the possibility of cooperation. At the end of the meal, Wang Haitao put down his chopsticks and smiled at Chen Yuanming.

"Yuanming, I heard from your big sister that you plan to ship some small items for sale soon?"

"Yes." Chen Yuanming wiped his mouth and put down his chopsticks. " First, I want to see if selling electronic watches will work. I took a turn around the city yesterday and I think it would be a bit profitable to transport these goods from Zhuhai."

"Then have you already decided what kinds of watches you will be transporting?" Wang Haitao asked patiently, "such as the style and functions?"

"That ..." Chen Yuanming showed an awkward expression. "I have to go back to Zhuhai to explore the path forward. For now it's unclear ..."

"That's okay, I know a little about this." As Wang Haitao spoke he took out three small bags from his pocket and each contained three different electronic watches. One was the most common black plastic watch, with few buttons and no decoration. The other was a brightly colored children's watch in a cartoon shape. It was exquisite and cute. The last watch had a big dial and four buttons and looked very elegant.

Wang Haitao handed the three watches over to Chen Yuanming. "Recently, these models are more popular in Wuhan and they are basically only sold in the big stores. The simple one sells for between 15-18 yuan, the cartoon one is about 25 yuan, and the biggest one, the minimum for its waterproof version is 45 yuan. "After introducing the prices of the three watches in detail, Wang Haitao pushed up his glasses with a smile. "If Yuanming is interested, you can consider these styles."