CHAPTER 26

"Are you crazy?" After steadily earning 27 times the profit and avoiding the terrible stock market plunge, Xiao Yun had just sighed with relief, but who knew that, at this time, Chen Yuanming would actually rush back into the stock market again. He only felt that his temples were suddenly jumping and he just wanted to discipline the elders of this ignorant boy who seemed not to know the immensity of heaven and earth!

Chen Yuanming however refused to say anything and just focused on a particular stock on the market. In such a big drop in the market and despite thousands of daily transactions, only this stock had maintained a steady circle of movement. This seemed extremely improbable.

In this era, not many people would know the reason for this. They would only think that this stock was very reliable and may be a good target for investment, but Chen Yuanming knew that this was the handiwork of someone who was sitting in a bank. In this wild golden era of stocks, it was possible to use money to manipulate the rise and fall of stock prices.

In his last life, when he had entered the stock market, he had happened to meet the collapse of the bookmaker era. He had never really seen those guys who could control the market with a turn of a hand, but he had he had heard stories of a lot of classic operations. This stock was just one of them. In the past two days, the stock market had plummeted and there were so many people crying at the door of the securities company. Many of them would spend their life savings to fight for a way out but in the end they would either be trapped for several years in a bear market or they will simply exit the game prematurely.

Among them, many were overly aggressive, greedy, or had followed general trends but there were also some who were victims of malicious operations.

Looking at the pained and tear-filled faces around him, Chen Yuanming was suddenly filled with a little impulse. What would happen if he reversed the operation against this dealer .... Though he might not be able to save the market, or the people, or reverse this monstrous situation, but what about those retail investors who would succumb to the malicious operations of this particular dealer, could he change anything?

Almost impulsively, he had rushed back onto the stock market.

"It's okay." Just after placing an order, Chen Yuanming got up from the sofa and paced around a few times in the cubicle. "It's just a sudden impulse I have. I'll just play with it and leave. It won't affect the new stock subscription."

Xiao Yun looked at the young man in front of him but he was not sure what the other was thinking. However, he could see that Chen Yuanming did not seem to be seeking profits this time. On the contrary, his operation seemed extremely bizarre. He was buying stocks at high prices and selling at slightly lower prices and by doing so he was slowly pulling the price of the stock upwards. A large number of retail stocks had flowed through his hands and the stock price had risen from less than 250 yuan to over 300 in one breath.

"What are you thinking...?" Looking at the screen, Xiao Yun whispered quietly. The reason for this query was that strangely, although Chen Yuanming was acting very irrationally, someone was following up on his actions. Every time he sold stocks, someone accepted the order. It was as if someone was watching these stocks closely in order to buy...

Suddenly there was a flash of understanding, Ah, yes! Someone was manipulating this stock, just like Chen Yuanming was doing. Xiao Yun also inquired. "Is someone operating this stock?"

"You can see it too?" Chen Yuanming smiled. "Yes, there may be several people in a joint operation. The circulation of this stock is pretty small, and the price-to-earnings ratio is high, which is very suitable for manipulation. At present, the other party may have 7 to 8 million yuan in funds, but since the stock market was just launched it's not possible verify the amount ..."