CHAPTER 18

Because of his age and the mysterious memories of his past life, Chen Yuanming was very careful to stay away from alcohol in order to control his emotions at any time. He did not drink that much in the afternoon and temporarily pretended to fall asleep in order to avoid Scarface's questioning while waiting to completely sober up.

Nevertheless, the alcohol had some effect and while he was not drunk, he had fallen into a wonderful dreamy state.

His limbs had softened, and he was relaxed as though completely engulfed in a warm liquid. His mind was free from inhibitions and refreshed. Something soft like a feather touched his cheek. It was like the most intimate comfort. Slowly, the touch became distinct, it kissed his eyelids, lips and throat, sliding all the way down.

Chen Yuanming gave a contented gasp, and a sweet chuckle responded to him.

"Yuanming ..."

Chen Yuanming's eyes were so heavy that he couldn't seem to lift them. He wanted to stretch out his hand to hold the man in his arms and pinch the man's body all over with his hands. However, his strength was restrained by something. He was deeply trapped in the soft mattress and could not move a fingertip...

What did that matter? Chen Yuanming laughed. Even without opening his eyes or touching, he was familiar with every inch of the man's skin. His slender and slightly tilted peach eyes were always covered by black-framed glasses. There was a shallow mark on the bridge of the nose. His lips were thin and pale. His skin had a kind of whiteness that showed that he did not see any sunlight all year round. Only when he woke up in the mornings could you find some hairy stubble on his face.

But now he must have taken off his glasses. and his calm eyes were slightly squinted and veiled by a layer of watery mist. Chen Yunaming had always laughed at him and made a fuss whenever he took off his glasses and the other party would insist that they were physiological tears caused by blurred vision.

The heat gathered more and more yet the huff and puff of his breath was still not hurried. Chen Yuanming couldn't bear it anymore, and let out a sound from his throat.

"... Ah kun."

The sound of his voice seemed to make the man pause for a moment. His hot, warm and wet lips slid away and he crawled upwards towards his pillow. His soft hair pressed against Chen Yuanming's neck and his lips were pressed against his Chen Yuanming's ears intimately, whispering sweetly.

"Do you love me?"

"of course."

"Really ..." The warmth in his ear suddenly disappeared, and the damp breath exhaled onto the earlobe turned into a cold and hard object. The tone of his warm voice suddenly changed slightly. It was drowning in pain and apologizing with sorrow. "... I'm Sorry ... Yuanming, I'm getting married to Song Ju's daughter."

... Too bad, I did not love you that much.

"Ha!!"

With a shudder, Chen Yuanming opened his eyes. What he saw was a white bed sheet with stains that could not be washed out, a narrow room, monotonous furnishings, two single beds ...

A frivolous accented voice sounded from beside him, "Ah Ming, are you awake? Get up quickly, it's time for us to get on the road ..."

Where was this? Where was he? His heart pounded, and his entire body was soaked in cold sweat. Chen Yuanming turned his body over and lifted his face off the pillow. His consciousness gradually returned, and his heart fell back into place. He remembered it ... he remembered it now ... It was now 1991, there was no company, no Song Ju, and no lover, He was only 15 years old this year, and he was in the process of making his first bucket of life-changing gold ...