CHAPTER 28

While seated on the sofa, Chen Yuanming flipped through the freshly published newspapers as usual.

In recent days, there had been many aftershocks of the 8.10 incident in Shenzhen and as result TV, radio and newspapers, were all full of long articles. Back and forth, the main social topics were that "the stock market was risky" or that "huge profits lead to corruption" and even the hot Shanghai market, had been affected.

From August 11th, the market had continued to plummet. Within three days, the Shanghai Stock Exchange had fallen from more than 900 points to about 700 points, showing a decline of up to 20%. Even the fourth lottery subscription sale could not stop the downward trend....

After closing the newspaper in his hand, Chen Yuanming sighed deeply. The time was almost here. In some ways the stock boom was a long- awaited release of savings that had been accumulated over a long period. Thus, was this slump not a factor of the fear and panic caused by the return of rationality?

The first bear market in China's stock market history and also the big bear market that caused many people to discuss stocks in the future, was finally coming.

At this time, many people came into the big family room one after another. In recent days, the market had fluctuated too much, and some large families hunkered down at the exchange almost every day, ready to buy or sell as soon as possible according to the market situation. Frightened by the volatility of the broader market, there were those who wanted to liquidate as soon as possible, but more people sought to take advantage of the market. To be able to enter the million-dollar family room, one was either a natural businessman or a beneficiary of the early stock market speculation. Such a person is bold but cautious thus, how could they fear the ups and downs of the market.

In recent days, Chen Yuanming had also started to gain some fame in this large family room. Though he had said nothing his two stock clearances were timed at just right moment and his sales were completed at a high point. What level of expertise was this?

At this time, there was no privacy in the big family room. Everyone's trades could be understood by looking at the movements of the red vest traders. There were also many people who inquired about Chen Yuanming's identity in private and more who tried to get close to him. Many wanted to get some market information from this little expert.

For these "roommates", Chen Yuanming didn't completely reject them at the door. At this time a knock and conversation every day before the opening and closing of the market was sufficient. There was no need for more communication in order to be more or less familiar with one another. They were all just businessmen thus they needed to maintain some dignity and were not so eager to flatter. A nod of friendship was enough.

"It was not so easy to handle today's errands. I just want to drink a cup of tea to catch my breath". A voice around Chen Yuanming rang out.

"Your reception session is over?"

Hearing the familiar ridicule, Chen Yuanming raised his head with a smile and was thinking of responding, when his eyes were suddenly attracted by the young person next to Xiao Yun.

That was a very handsome boy. Clean and good-looking.

In fact, after returning to this era, apart from the long-lost sense familiarity, Chen Yuanming also experienced a trace of unexpected strangeness: that is a strong incompatibility with current fashion trends.

In the last ten years of his previous life, he had been mixing in factories, mines, and construction sites, and was primarily in contact with those who were farthest away from fashion. Therefore, his eyes were full of ordinary work clothes and white shirts. At most there were some patterned shirts and changes in the length of the fabric on women's skirts. However, in this life, he was in Shanghai, a city that that was essentially the pioneer of Chinese pop culture.