Chapter 12

12 - Embarking On A New Journey

  Hearing those words, Chen Yuanming didn't hold back anymore. He placed his bag down on a clean, empty spot on the ground next to him and strode towards the truck.

  What he had said previously weren't lies. His car skills were indeed learned from a retired veteran, and later on, he had also run 2 years of long-distance cargo transports. His skills were quite good, but that was something that should only happen 6 or 7 years later, not now. However, driving this kind of thing was just like riding a bicycle, with the conditioned reflexes in his consciousness, it wouldn't be difficult for him to pick up those skills again.

  With two steps he climbed into the driver's seat, and a strong smell of engine oil and sweat entered his nose. Chen Yuanming sniffed a little, and a sense of familiarity immediately returned to him. When his teacher had taught him back in those years, he would beat and scold him, and his requirements were extremely strict. Most of the day would be spent in the driver's seat, and eventually he'd get tired from being surrounded by this kind of smell all the time.

  Taking a deep breath, he turned his head and waved to the scarface, "Move away, I need to get out of the parking space first."

  Actually, in these years, people didn't pay much attention to issues with parking, after all, there still weren't many people driving cars yet. There wasn't any problem with just parking randomly on the side of the road, and there wouldn't be any traffic police issuing fines to you either, so many drivers were used to driving recklessly, and disordered stopping and parking were just a matter of course. However, Ma Lei's small courtyard wasn't suitable for doing that as the space was too limited. There were buildings all in the front and back, leaving only a small, empty area for the cargo- unloading space and the parking space in the middle. Who'd dare to just carelessly drive such a big truck around here? It would take truck drivers a while to get used to the area after they've arrived, so it was inevitable that the newcomers would bump into each other.

  The scarface crossed his arms and leisurely took two steps back, standing to the side to wait and watch the kid make a fool of himself. If that kid dares to scratch the car, then it would be better to deduct his wages from work to pay off the debt first, it takes manpower to move cargo anyway, and free work would still save money, no matter how little. As soon as the truck started, the looks on his and Ma Lei's faces both changed. The car was driven so damn skillfully, and was reversed and parked on the side of the road. There was no rubbing or scraping, there weren't even many extra movements either, and in the blink of an eye, he had driven to the small square for unloading goods.

  "Motherfucker, what expert!" The scar opened his mouth and said with some disbelief. It's not that he's never seen this kind of skill before, it's just that these kinds of old, experienced drivers could only be found 30 kilometers away, having all been swallowed up by those big bosses in Zhuhai to go and transport cars. The ones who'd actually come back to make long-distance trips were basically none.

  "He shows promise." Ma Lei nodded slightly, and shouted at the man next to him, "Fool, what are you standing around stunned for, go run a few laps in the city with this kid!"

  The scarface finally awakened from his state of just standing there and watching, and without the slightest hesitation, walked a few steps and climbed into the seat beside the driver. He raised his hand and patted Chen Yuanming's shoulder with great strength. "You're good! I didn't think that you'd have some skills, let's go, go with your big bro and have a try at driving around the city."

  Filled with a sense of excitement, the scarface didn't notice Chen Yuanming's expression, nor did he discover the teenager's pale face, the sweat that was tumbling down and the palms that were clenched so tightly they turned ghastly white.