| 20 |

Hi Guys! I know it's been a minute, well damn more than a whole minute. Two years, I think? I hadn't forgotten about this book, I seen your calls constantly, I seen the love the book has received even though I haven't updated in a hot minute and I just wanted to say thank you. I have a mission to finish this book because I hate reading unfinished book. I've read back this book and it has mad potential. I've had book sellers reaching out to me for this one book and that's because of you lots loyalty to this book and I can't even say thank you enough. I promise more chapters but I need you all to bare with me, life's not as easy going now as it was when I first started writing this book but we'll get there.

NAHLA

"Are you even listening to me Nahla?" I quickly looked over at Briana after hearing her say my name and nodded slowly. We were outside of our university waiting on Karma to get us. I wanted to walk but Briana insisted that I came with them out to eat. I know this was their attempt of trying to cheer me up but I honestly believe I was drained of all my happiness. I just wanted to get home and get under the covers and hide away from the world.

The fact that I was still being labelled as a home wrecker two months later, did not help how I felt. Everywhere, I would go, there was always someone having to stare or leave a unwanted commented. Always. I hadn't been out with Marcus in public unless it was for the antenatal appointment to know people reacted when they see him. And as of Zonnique, she still throws shade on Twitter, I try not looking but I can't help myself knowing that I could always expect something new to be tweeted about me. I can accept that what I done was wrong but as I said previously, even up to now she refuses to put any former blame onto Marcus. She was starting to annoy me too, they were no longer in a relationship why was she still making tweets about me.

And Carmen, don't even let me start with that girl. This girl literally has an obsession with me, at the start I thought the obsession was with Marcus but now I know it's with me. Would you believe she started a whole blog mix up page on Instagram just to post about me almost everyday.

"I said what do you feel like eating?" She repeats.

I shrug. "I'm not fussed."

I seen her frown slightly. Instantly, I felt bad because she's been trying even though I've been nothing but miserable towards her and everyone else. I seen that she opened her mouth to speak but chose against it as her lips slammed together again.

"I'll eat what you feel like." I say, forcing a small smile across my lips.

"If you really don't want to come, you don't have to. I don't want to push you to something that you ain't feeling."

I shook my head. "Girl shut up! I'm hungry alright?" I looked around. "Where the hell is Karma man? You need to buy your man a watch Briana." I say, causing us both to laugh lightly. I can't lie - it felt good to laugh like this again with my friend.

"He said he's like five minutes away." She returned the smile. "I just want you to be happy, alright? I'm not the one to judge and you know this." Instantly, I knew she was talking about Marcus.

I pushed up my lips slightly. "I don't hate him." I finally say after a while. "No doubt I'm happy when I'm with him but I can't continue to put up with his disrespect and there's no progress. It's just utter disrespect and stand still with him - I was always taking steps back rather than forward. Becoming a mom, I have no time to be stepping backwards man."

She nods in a understanding way. "Well you know I'm with you at each step you take."

"It feels refreshing not having to deal with any situationship bullshit. It just feels nice man." I expressed.