|13|

NAHLA

I bit onto my bottom lip as I stood outside Creams in Brixton waiting on Jamir, I needed to talk to him as well - why not kill two birds with one stone? And get it over and done with too

I bit onto my bottom lip as I stood outside Creams in Brixton waiting on Jamir, I needed to talk to him as well - why not kill two birds with one stone? And get it over and done with too. He insisted that I come to his but I refused to, remembering the grip he had on me a less than a week ago. I needed to let all sorts of negativity within my life go and that started with Marcus and ended with Jamir.

I sighed looking around again, as per usual Brixton was its lively state. The streets filled with teenagers, walking in and out of Morleys and Creams. I laughed, lightly remembering when that use to be me and Briana back when we were like sixteen. Now, I am twenty with a child growing inside of me. Someone's actually depending on me, little old me. Life came at me pretty fast, I must admit. I wasn't hundred percent sure how I was going to tell my mum that I was pregnant while still in university, how did I plan on juggling both a baby and university at the same time? Lord knows. All I knew for sure was that, Marcus wasn't about to ruin this experience for me so I wasn't about to beg him to stay in my life nor his or hers too. Before, meeting Marcus I was never dependent on man so why all of a sudden did I have the sudden urge to depend on him.

I pulled out my phone checking if I had any miss calls from Jamir, I sucked my teeth when I didn't. I dialled in his number - on the third ring he answered, which only made me angrier because he sounded as if he was out and about in his car.

"Where are you?" I demanded, down the phone. "I've been waiting out in the cold for almost twenty minutes now Jamir."

I heard him suck his teeth.

"I'm coming init - I done told you to meet me at mines but your doing hella chattings. I shouldn't of put my hands on you the other day. I'm sorry about that Nahla."

I stayed silent, just listening to the wind blow in his background and the sound his car was making.

"Nahla?" He called, "you hearing me?"

I gulped, "I'm still here. I'm just thinking."

"Yeah, I shouldn't of done that still. I don't even hit girls - it was the heat of the moment." I heard him sigh, "where you?" I looked up, looking for his black Mercedes eventually my eyes caught it when I heard the car beeping in traffic and through the phone. I ended the call and quickly walked towards the car, getting in not wanting to cause anymore traffic.

The warm heat, allowed me to relax and sink into the leather seats while clipping in my seat belt. I placed my bag on the floor, resting my head back on the head rest I closed my eyes thinking of ways to tell Jamir that I was pregnant with Marcus's baby. I was beyond terrified.