Intro

South London, Stockwell
31st October 2018, 23:32PM

                                South London, Stockwell                          31st October 2018, 23:32PM

"I'm starving," I moaned, while hugging myself due to the temperature drop all of a sudden. "... and I'm freezing." I screwed, Briana who was tapping away on her iPhone screen with her freshly done acrylics.

The average winter here in London, was the type of winter that everyone contradicted with a love hate relationship. It was the type to force you to breath into your hands, making them clammy and cold, only to repeat the process a few minutes passing because cold had taken over again. Then again, as your face numbs, you hands cringe and a shudder of chills is sent down your spine, all you long for are warm covers or the sensation of a long gone summer sun.

"He said he's coming." She said snapping me out of my thoughts, throwing me a warm smile she wrapped her arms around my body trying to keep me warm.

I didn't reply. Instead I waited for him to come, him being Karma. Briana and Karma has been seeing each other for roughly, four months now. Karma always had Briana holding his stuff for him. Hence to why we were now stood outside Sainsbury's at this time of night. Karma had called Briana, informing her that he needed her to come pick something up for him, he wasted no time in ordering us an Uber here. Briana and I, lived in North London, Edmonton Green to be exact.

I nudged Briana when my eyes fell onto two males figure walking towards us. I watched as her brow furrowed together in confusion but relaxed as a smile played on her lips when she noticed Karma walking towards us. Meeting him half way, she threw her arm around his neck pulling their body closer. Just barely balancing, he wrapped his arm around her waist as a small chuckle escaped his lips.

I, then diverted my eyes towards the friend who was dressed in full black from head to toe. A bit too much black if I was honest. Stone Island black tracksuit, black Canada Goose jacket and on his feet he wore a pair of black Nike Air Max 97s.

Looking back towards his face, I quickly looked away noticing that he was already staring in my direction. I bit down onto my bottom lip, feeling slightly embarrassed.

"Nahla this is Karma, Karma this is my best friend Nahla." Briana quickly introduced us, with her arms looped with his. I flashed him a small smile while he nodded as a greeting, something that I noticed a lot of hood boys done.

"Youse hungry?" Karma asked, looking between Briana and I.

I quickly shook my head. I was never that girl that loved taking up free shit, I loved the idea of me making my own money and buying my own shit.

"I'm fi-"

Briana shot me a glare, "we are hungry. Don't listen to her."

Both, males shared a glance then laughed lightly.

"Little miss independent over here yeah?" The other one spoke, making Karma chuckle lowly.

I rolled my eyes. I was growing annoyed now because I was starving, tired and I had a 9am start tomorrow.

"Menace you ain't easy y'know." So that's his name. Menace. It suited him, if I was being honest.

"Leave her alone." Briana defended me, slapping Karma in his chest.

Menace licked his lips while looking at me, "I'm playing with her. What's your name beautiful?"

"None of your business." I replied back.

"Just like that?" He asked, sounding surprised. I nod, he looked towards Karma. "I'm loosing my touch."

I laughed lightly. I couldn't lie, Menace wasn't ugly he was very good looking if I was being honest with myself. Too good looking if that made sense. Menace was your typical pretty light skin boy. And I liked my men chocolate not caramel but the tattoos he had on his face screamed dangerous at me. And my gut instinct was screaming stay away from him but how could I when his dark shallow eyes were burning right through me.

"I'm not trying to stand out here all night, if I'm being honest." Briana blurts out, I shot her a look the bitch really look. She had inform me that we would pick up the package and be on our way. I wasn't here to chill. I didn't want to be around these criminals any longer. I wanted no part in what Briana and Karma had going on. I liked my men educated while Briana liked those hood men.

"I'm trying to see wagwan with your girl." Menace spoke again, with his eyes still on me.

"You ain't my type." I blurted out.

"And what exactly is your type? Huh." He challenged.

"Educated chocolate men." I emphasised on the word men. "Which you ain't either, by the looks of things." I shrug, looking back towards Briana who was shaking her head due to my choice of words. "Are you ready or what? I'll get a Uber home cos I have a nine am start."

"I could change your life." He pressed.

I should of listened to my gut instincts that night and leave Menace alone.

I should of went home but I didn't.

I shouldn't of listened to the rumours about him but I ignored.

I shouldn't of gotten involved with Menace but I couldn't help myself.

I shouldn't of but I did.