𖥸 Avengers 𖥸

a/n: This is the second and last part of, "A Sacrifice". This is somehow a closure, a short idea of what happened when they got back to the facility.

~ Final Goodbye ~

What could one have done to save someone they loved?

In this case, nothing.

She's gone.

___

As everyone came back from the battle, some were in disbelief of how they were alive despite the sacrifices they made.

When they were told that you gave your life so they could live the life that was taken from them, they didn't want to abandon the place at all.

You were so much younger than they were, they believed that you had more to live for than they did.

But no. You let go of your life and offered it so that people who weren't in any way blood-related to you could you live.

As they strumbled to leave, crying about how they would never see you again, Steve persuaded them to go inside.

They eventually came in after a quantity of words, but not without having the look of anguish and suffering in their eyes.

Given that there were so many people inside the office, it was a place of cessation. No one bore the idea of talking as they knew that it would only lead to them crying and perceiving more pain.

That silence was never going to get broken if a voice never ceased it.

"One video message from y/n l/n." It said.

The Avengers gaped at the screen, their eyes watering in pain.

They saw you, looking the same way you did when they last saw you. The same h/c hair. The same clothing, the same posture, the same eyes, and the same smile.

Your smile was impaling for them and you as well. You smiled at the screen for a while before taking a sharp breath.

"Hey!" You said with a smile on your face, in that same moment, you looked like you were about to cry.

"Uh... If you see this, I'll probably be dead." You said with a small laugh at the end. Ironically, rather than being funny, it was more so an unbearable laugh.

You ran your fingers to your head as you took another breath and gave them a smile.

"So, I have been having dreams for a while. They'd always say that I will be able to save your lives one day... and I didn't really know how that would happen considering I was the weakest one here. Not gonna lie, I got a little confident, I was happy to know that I was going to be able to save a life." You laughed once more, but after that, you broke into tears and tried to wipe them off as fast as possible.

"So, if I didn't die in the battle with Thanos, I probably died through the mentioned things above. However, that is not what I want to say. Um... I want to explain myself. Honestly, when that dream first came to me, I was wondering why the hell I would give mg life to save anyone, but then you guys were so beautiful... you guys were everything that made my day. I love the way you treat each other, I love your teamwork, the way you always got each other's backs. I felt that it was wrong to separate each one of you. Or maybe, I just couldn't bear to one of you lose a close friend of yours. I'm the newest here, so I can definitely say that I'm not as close with all of you as you are with the others." You explained as you looked down on your fingers and started fiddling them.

You sucked your breath, trying to stop more tears from flowing out.

"Okay. Enough with that blabbering, I have important things to say... Firstly, please don't fight. Because damn, you guys look really stupid when you do. Also, Mr. Stark, if you see this, I would recommend toning down being an asshole as it gets quite annoying." You said, making everyone laugh as tears were flowing down their eyes.

"Uh. Nat and Clint, thank you for being like my siblings that I never had. You always seem to understand me and I don't know how. Please be happy, don't always work, go to parties and jump off buildings... do what makes you feel happy and free. Mr. Rogers, thank you for being very caring toward me, you're always so protective and I'd always complain. I'm sorry. I'm sure, Peggy is very proud of you."

Your tears were now percolating badly this time around.

"Thor. Dr. Banner, I know we aren't that close, but thank you for treating me greatly. I don't know what to say to you, more than wishing you happiness. I will miss eating with you guys again. I will miss your constant fights even if I genuinely hate them."

"Oh yeah, I made something yesterday. They're in my room. But get them after my message because this is more important... obviously." You wept.

You covered your face for a while, thumping your chest as you felt the internal agony travel all over your body.

"I- I love you guys so much." You said, your voice was trembling and breaking.

"This is y/n l/n. Your comrade and friend, signing off. Goodbye." Your voice retorted, and after that, the message ended.

You have left everyone in more pain. Steve hitting the wall in pain, trying to not cry even if he wanted to. Tony was sitting in silence as light tears came out of his eyes. Natasha was crying, and Clint covered his face as he mourned your death. Everyone else looked down, not showing how bad the tears were falling from their eyes.

____

As painful as this was, they couldn't do anything.

You were gone.

"You're always engraved deep in my heart." Were the only words that they all had.