𖥸 Tony and Pepper 𖥸

Home

If only I could say how I felt. If only I could express how I felt that day.

I just longed for someone who could understand.

"Be careful when you talk to her, okay? She's been through a lot." Pepper had asked Tony beforehand if they could take in her mute niece who has been involved in a 12 vehicle accident. She was with her family going into the accident, but by the end of the day, she was the only one who got out alive.

Ever since Pepper had heard of this, she rushed to the hospital where her niece was in a 5-day coma.

Yesterday, they had received news that she had woken up, and that's when she asked Tony's permission if they could take her in.

To Pepper's surprise, Tony agreed very quickly.

Today was the day that they were going to bring her home.

At the moment, they are in her hospital room waiting for her to finish her final tests, so that she could be discharged.

It had taken quite a while, but the moment the door handle had twisted, Pepper stood up, waiting to see her niece.

"Hi there, Y/n. I'm your Aunt Pepper. Do you remember me?" She said to her as she knelt down to be able to get a closer look at her.

Tony was just behind her, watching how the child didn't react or say one thing to Pepper.

"Hello, Y/n. I'm Tony, your aunt's amazing fiancé." He narcissistically introduced himself.

The child shifted her eyes from Pepper to Tony and just looked at him.

"Why do I feel like you're judging me?" Tony asked as he saw Pepper sneaking glances at him with a smile.

"Come on, Y/n. We can take you home now." Pepper said as she stood up and asked for her hand.

Y/n had seen Pepper before so she was someone she had comfort in.

Although she was just a child, she understood everything about the environment she currently is in. She was very much aware of everything that caused her to stay in a coma. She was aware of the whole accident.

In fact, as stated by the doctors, when she first woke up, she was like in a trance. She just looked at the ceiling, then she proceeded to cry. After all, she was just a child going through a huge amount of grief.

--------

By the time the three got home, Pepper immediately took a call about Y/n and asked Tony to show her around.

"Aunt Pepper will be back soon, come with me for now," Tony smiled and said to the child.

She didn't react in anyway.

All she did was to follow him. He lead her into her new room, which she had found quite a comfortable, but even so, she never once reacted to anything.

She was just looking around the room, while still standing in the same place. She was not inside the room, but feeling shy to even take a step and enter it.