𖥸 Stephen Strange 𖥸

• Waiting For You •

Why am I the weakest when I need to be my strongest?

•••

Strange was sat nervously in the waiting area. Processing several things that came to his mind.

Mostly, his head was filled with worry and regret.

Thoughts such as, "I hope she's okay."

"I wish she would wake up."

"Please be fine, Y/N."

His hands were shaking, he was constantly rubbing them against his lap, trying to get rid of the sweat that it produced.

His eyes were red, his hair dripping from sweat caused by his increasing worry. His face was filled with bruises, he was bleeding in several areas.

But what was more painful than that was that he knew that she was in a much worse condition than him.

He just wanted to have a normal date with his girlfriend, but everywhere he went, he was like a magnet for disaster. And now here she was, put upon the disaster that he started.

Banner came out of the room where Y/N was, making Stephen rise up from his seat immediately.

"She's stable now. There weren't any life-threatening injuries that had met impact on her body, but it might take her a while to wake up." Banner explained as he studied Stephen's worried face.

"You can calm down now. She'll be fine." He continued, putting his hand on Stephen's shoulder, then walking away.

Stephen, being as concerned as he could ever get, went inside the room to check on Y/N.

Immediately, he was hurt by the sight in front of him.

She had gauges wrapped around her head, and several injuries on different parts of her body. She didn't look good, and it took a toll on Stephen by the fact that it was his fault.

"I'm sorry, Y/N." was all be could say, as a lone tear came dripping from his eyes to the ground.

He couldn't bear to look at her anymore, so he left feeling all the guilt he had ever felt.

•••

After visiting Y/N, he kept himself busy to try and get her off his mind even just for a while, but he couldn't.

All that was replaying in his head was that it was his fault.

And so, he isolated himself from everyone for long hours, until he finally got a call from Banner.

"She's awake—" Was all Stephen needed to hear to drop whatever it was he was doing and rush to her.

He wanted to see her. Breathing and being safe like how she's supposed to be.

He wanted to hug her. He wanted to thank her for being okay.

•••