𖥸 Bucky Barnes 𖥸

<> nightmares <>

You were alone in a dark space, having little to no idea of where you were.

As empty as the void that laid in front of you, was a voice that suddenly spoke.

"Do you want to lose everyone again? You are just way too dangerous."

"Stop. That's not true, I can't do that. I won't. I can't do that." You repeated over and over until you weren't in darkness anymore.

But you wondered, was darkness really the one that you feared more or the fact that you were standing in front of your dead friends.

You were practically going crazy, trying to take in what the hell was going on.

Everything was loud, including the deafening laughter of the voice you couldn't even recognize.

"Stop it. This is not real. Please. Stop it." You cried, shaking to get out of the situation you are in right now.

As you were shaking, someone held your arm.

You could describe it as something cold yet calming, and you had no idea why.

"Calm down. It's just a nightmare. You're okay." He said,

You opened your eyes, immediately seeing who it was that was calming you down.

"Bucky...?" You softly asked as your eyes continued to water in fear.

"Yes. It's me. You're okay. Calm down." He said, rubbing your head, then pulling you to an embrace.

Though you managed to calm down, you were still shaking, unable to process yourself hurting your friends.

As you continued to embrace Bucky, you repeated the words, "I don't want to hurt any of you. I'm dangerous."

You were never the type to shoulder the idea of showing your emotions, but for some reason, the thought that you might hurt your friends is something that your mind can pass.

It is ideal, your friends are like family, you wouldn't want anything to happen to them, more than that you don't want anything to happen to them because of you.

"You know that's not true. Now, calm down." He repeated.

After a while of him calming you down, he suggested that the both of you step outside for a while so that you could breathe some fresh air.

-------

"Did my nightmare change the way you look at me?" You happened to ask as you did not want to be looked at as a weak being.

"No. Why would it?" He asked.

"Oh, you know, because I always act capable and tough, then you just see me cry. That's bound to change something in you, you know." You explained, slowly loosening up after the earlier events.

"Not going to lie, I am quite happy to see you cry. At least I got to know that you weren't some emotionless robot." He chuckled then replied.

You were dumbfounded as you did bit except that response, and upon seeing your face, he laughed as it was quite a new sight.

"Joking aside, do you think a simple nightmare of yours could amount to the many moments you saved my life. If it did then I might be a very pathetic person." He said in a serious tone.

He then smiled at you and stood up from where he was sitting.

"I'll go on inside, go finish your drink and try to sleep again if you can. Let's go somewhere tomorrow." He said as he completely walked away and went back inside.

You returned to bed that night, you wondered what caused such a nightmare, but your concern towards it ended then and there. You laid in bed for a few minutes, then you fell asleep.

You knew tomorrow was a day to look forward to. If there was one thing you discovered, it's that you and Bucky weren't that different from each other.