𖥸 Steve Rogers 𖥸

I Used To Know Her

Prompt: I could say the title says it all. It had been years since Steve last heard your name and it reminded him of so many memories. Your name is Y/N Larker.

This occurs about a year after Civil War, but in this imagine they somehow got the group back together and it seemed like everything has gone back to normal.

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───

Over the years, The Avengers has gained so many teammates, and sometimes that means more missions.

Missions always came with background, that's how you would know why the mission even exists. Although sometimes, missions could be the reason why you'd have to remember something or even someone painfully.

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───

The Avengers has just returned from a mission. It was called 'Larker's Driven'. Fury never told them why it was called that, and it really bothered. Natasha. Not to much, because they finished their mission and did it very well, for that they earned a 'well done' from Fury.

The mission consisted of getting some files before it went to the wrong hands. And they succeeded in doing so.

"Since we did complete the mission, I would just like to ask something about it." Natasha said, as everyone from the group took a seat in Fury's office.

"What is it, Agent Romanoff?" Fury asks. By this time the Avengers has already sat down comfortably, they now went to look at Natasha.

"Why is the mission called 'Larker's Driven'? It's a really weird name."

"It's not weird when you discover why it's called that." Fury replied.

"Then, why is it called 'Larker's Driven'? Tony asked, wanting to know the reason behind the name.

Fury sighed.

"There's this group named Pegasus. Pegasus is a group that is not as famous as Hydra, but they are an enemy. They're more of a government threat, but I guess we somehow got involved in that. There was a time wherein they created a virus, it only works on people with high melanin and Asians. In other words, this group made a virus that kills all the black people and Asians that get in touch with it." Fury explained.

"They created a virus just to satisfy their racist cravings!" Natasha was upset.

"Yes." Fury simply replied.

"The virus was put out on New York, Florida and Houston. Someone had managed to stop any further productions of that virus, that's why it only landed on the three places. In exchange of it was her life. That woman is Y/N Larker." Fury said looking down.

When Bucky and Steve heard the name, they stared at each other.

"Y/N was very nice and a kind woman, she was also one of SHIELD's most loved and respected women. She believed in equality and hated it when people were racist and judged others. When she found out that this was going on, she was the only one brave enough to try and solve the problem." Fury continued. Steve looked down, almost as if he just all of a sudden got so sad.

"In the middle of the night, she sneaked inside the Pegasus Facility. It was the perfect time, since everyone was resting and there were only a few people guarding the entrances and rooms. Y/N was able to take them down quietly and smoothly. She explored many of the rooms and saw that there was no way to get the chemicals creating the virus out without spreading it everywhere."

Steve was now starting to look uncomfortable. It was noticeable that something was going on.

"She recalled that fire and heat was the only way to weaken the chemicals that makes the virus. Without second thoughts, she made her way to the control room and found a way to hack the building's whole system and enable it to explode. It needed to be activated manually... and as you might have guessed the whole building exploded with Ms. Larker in it. With that, she saved many people from dying because of racism." Fury continued. Steve was shuffling and was speechless for such a long time, Natasha stared at him.

"It's called 'Larker's Driven' because Y/N Larker was driven into her job and to her belief that everyone has to be treated equally. Too driven that it cost her life." Fury continued, and Steve has tears in his eyes.

"You know her, Rogers?" Natasha asked, now deeply concerned.

"I used to know her." Steve said, standing up from his chair. He wiped his eyes, then he left the room.

"What happened to him?" Tony asked, really intrigued.

"When we were traveling for a two year mission, Steve met Y/N. They had something going on between them, until one night when Y/N left a note. She said that she loved Steve, but she had to leave for something really important. She also said she'll try to come back, but she never did." Bucky breathed in and then breathed out.

"That broke Steve's heart and from then on, all he heard was rumors that she already passed. And now we're here and that just reminded him of Y/N and how she'll actually never come back." Bucky explained. There was silence.

Everyone now understood why Steve seemed so upset. Never again did they bring that topic up.

Author's Note

Yes. Another sad imagine. I don't know why but I'm an addict with sad stories. I still hope you enjoyed though. I would just like to add that I am no why trying to be racist, I hope I didn't offend anyone. If I did, I deeply apologize. I hope you liked it!

Remember, I accept requests. Just please... NO SMUT. Thank you to those who have already requested, I really appreciate it.

Again, thank you very much for reading and have a good day!

-Amilia😘