𖥸 T'Challa 𖥸

• Too Late •

A/n: this going to be a little short, but I still hope you enjoy it.

***

"It's a very important matter to tell someone that you love them before it was too late."

***

Y/N's Journal Entry No. 257

I'm an idiot.

I don't know why I keep on bruising my already fragile heart. Why do I expect him to love me?

Why do I think that if I stay by his side, he'd love me the way I loved him?

Why am I in this situation?

Why?

Why do I put myself to bed at night crying about pathetic feelings that I feel?

I serve him coffee every morning. I fix his schedules for him. I sit with him through the toughest moments of his life. I cried with him through all the sad movies he made me watch. I laughed with him during the times that he had a new accomplishment. I even put aside my own happiness for him.

Because I love him.

I'm desperately in love with him that I just sit and stay acting like a martyr.

It tears my heart to a million pieces just seeing him smile at another lady. It hurts me whenever he gets hurt. And it makes me want to die whenever he would say,

"Of course, Y/N is like a sister to me."

Or.

"No. She's not my girlfriend, she's my greatest best friend."

Because at the end of the day, I'll just be a friend to him.

I'll never be the lady that he will love.

No matter how long I stay by his side,

I won't ever be his lover,

Only a person who longs for his love.

It's all hopeless.

T'Challa • first pov

I closed my eyes after reading the entry no.257 of Y/N's journal.

I put my hand on my head, not believing what I had just read.

I felt as though my heart had just been ran over by a truck. It was worse than having a blade truly pierce through my body.

In a matter of a few seconds, tears were flowing down my eyes. I wiped them off but as I kept on driving them off, they kept flowing down my face.

It hurts.

Why did I not—

I feel internally wounded.

Why did I just realize that maybe I did share the same feelings with her now that she's gone?

Why is it that I just realized how much I need her with me, now that she's gone?

Why?

WHY?

She died for me.

And I never even did anything for her.

I never told her how much she meant to me.

She saved my life.

But I never told her how I truly felt about her.

I feel like dying.

She stayed with me through all the pain she was feeling. And I just did nothing.

How could I?

How could I?

How could I do that when I loved her too?

How?

On her last breath, she told me that she loved me.

And I said nothing.

Now I will forever regret the fact that I didn't tell her I loved her.

A simple, "I love you." and I couldn't even give her.

I'm too late.

I'm too late while she stayed with me like a martyr.

At the end of the day,

she was just a dream that I'll never have again.

A dream that will forever kill me inside and continue to break my heart.