ꨄGreedꨄ

Chapter 23
"The Ultimate Shield."
𖣔
M/R's pov

"Ham 100 grams, 128 cents!" Mr. Curtis said as he crossed his arms, looking at the Führer.

"I would like to meet the one named Mrs. Izumi." King Bradley smiled, carefree.

"Chicken breast for 160 cents!"

"According to what I heard, she's quite skilled in alchemy.." He took off his hat, leaning against the counter.

Mr. Curtis seemed to be getting restless, "Cow shoulder chop, 200 cents!"

"How about letting her try out for state alchemy?"

"Minced pork and beef, 48 cents!"

Armstrong seemed to step in, "Hmm, words aren't going to work here. Sir, let me handle this!"

I watched in amusement, arching my brow. Both Ed and I were outside with Mason and Izumi. Ed and Izumi were talking with one another - I wasn't really paying attention to either of them.

I looked away for a second, only to come back to the sight of both men showing off their muscles. Is this some sort of muscle competition? Armstrong is flexing! But it has no damage!

Mr. Curtis, I choose you!

Mr. Curtis, use flex! It had no affect! But wait, what is this?

THE TWO HAVE EARNED MUTUAL RESPECT FOR ONE ANOTHER!

I grinned, cheering them both on mentally.

"Ooh! A friendship bid from muscles!," Cheered Mason.

"Huh?! Al got what?!" Edward stammered out.

That got my attention. I looked towards Ed, "Huh? What happened to Alphonse?" I asked.

"What do you mean kidnapped?! Whaaa?!" Edward questioned.

"It's quite complicated." Izumi sighed.

"What're they after? Ransom?" I panicked, "Oh no! The poor little thing!"

"Little thing?! Al is a giant!" Mason looked at me as if I were mental.

"Oh, shut up!"

I listened in to what Izumi and Edward were saying, - apparently whoever was holding Alphonse hostage was asking for details regarding soul transmutation. Basically telling Ed and attempting to lure him over.

"Who the hell would wanna know such a thing?" Ed slumped, sighing.

"He's a man called Greed with an Uroborus tattoo on the back of his hand." Izumi pointed to the back of her hand.

Greed? The runaway greed?

No way, another homunculus. Oh great.

Edward turned to look at me, as did the Führer. I sighed, this wasn't going to end well. Greed is well, greedy. You can't really reason with him unless you have something to give him in bargain.

"He's a homunculus." I crossed my arms, looking away.

"Is this a joke?" Edward looked troubled.

"No, he was clearly not an ordinary human." She sighed.

°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

So, here we are at Greed's hideout. I really though we were going to do some mission impossible style infiltration - sneak in, take Alphonse and boom! We're out. Though, the little gremlin decided to just stomp on in there.