ꨄSoulsꨄ

Chapter 27
"You have a strange presence."
𖣔
M/R's pov

I stood there, staring at the hand. Confusion clouded my mind, a brow arched with my nose scrunched up. 'What do they expect a hand to do? Intimidate me? Do I look the least dangerous to these guys? Me? Compared to this half-twerp beside me?'

"Immortality, hm? Now that I think about it, some guys were asking regarding that a little while ago, too." Edward smirked, a cocky look on his face.

Who? agh shit, I forgot.

"Is it the new hype? Why would you seek that?"

The foreigner crossed his arms and hummed, "For family reasons."

I smiled, "Oh, I suppose that makes se-"

"How idiotic." Ed scoffed.

Ed, please-

"Im serious." Ling smiled with that goofy looking face that really, in all honesty, nobody could take seriously.

"Is this really the attitude you show to someone when asking something?"

Alphonse frowned, "Brother, don't do anything stupid."

"I agree. Please do not-"

"I don't think so!" He tried apprehending the figure behind him. Why doesn't anybody listen to me in this damn team?

The attacked, masked person swiftly dodged and managed to punch Edward in the process. Jsjjsjss- ha- serves him right for suffering from deaf-bitch-itis.

This whole stupid thing continued on for a while; the two eventually picking a fight with the old man and masked-figure. They claimed that they were weaker than Izumi and rushed off to give them a good beating. Poor Rush Valley, this is the second casualty they'll face from these two. Once from the thieving by Paninya and now by these two supposed-ninjas.

So here I was, still left with the Xing man, listening as he ordered more dessert and put it on Edward's tab. My chin resting on my hand and elbow.

"You have a strange presence." He spoke up, looking over at me whilst nibbling on a slice of bread. "Just what's inside of you?"

I froze. 'huh?'

My mouth remained closed as I refused to answer him. Then I replied, "I'm human. I've a heart, that is all."

He 'huh'-ed and continued to eat gouging on the whole restaurant menu. A few minutes later and he got up, dusting his hands off and grinning. "Let's go collect them!" He said suddenly and jumped off.

He's strange - I won't say anything though. It was quite disturbing how he could sense the souls inside of me, let alone the fact that I'm not entirely human. Could he sense every else too?

I got up and followed Ling, sighing.

"Heeey nice going!" Ling grinned, waving to the two.

My eyes followed up to his wave. The whole town was in rubble. Stones and walls on the ground. And Ed, oh for Amestria's sake, his arm was broken! Winry's going to kill him!

"You..!" Edward groaned.

"Why, I'm sorry. My guys are really hot-headed you see." Ling apologised, gesturing to the old man that was currently tied with a rope and the female hung up like a fishing pole. I presume the girl was the masked-figure. "You guys seem to be all hot-headed yourselves, too!"

"Hah! If you pick a fight, then thats wh-"

"Ed! Your arm!" I yelled, crossing my arms and looking over at him with disappointment.