ꨄA leadꨄ

Chapter 5
"Sheska?"
𖣔
Edward's pov

So, it turns out that rat of a colonel, Mustang, lied to us, but at the same time, he gave us a few things to lead us with. Apparently, we're looking for a library, and guess where that library is? Back at Central! Man, our life sucks.

Al, M/R and I managed to circle our way back to Central in search of this library. Armstrong parting from us at the station, claiming he had business to attend to. With Scar on the loose, we had to have been careful. From what I've heard, he'd been sighted recently around the area. I kept my eye on M/R as we walked, I didn't know if the guy could even fight.

I had to admit though, he was really cute earlier. He has such a cute habit of saying his thoughts out loud, even if they are embarrassing. I watched as he lightly skipped along the pavement with us, his eyes darting all around the place.

"So, this library! Is it important?" M/R asked as he quickened up his pace to walk next to me.

"We should be able to find Dr Marco's secrets on the stone at the first branch of the state library," Alphonse explained. I looked back at M/R to see he had his nose scrunched up in slight disgust. "What's wrong?" I asked.

"Is it just me or do I smell smoke?" He mumbled, but I managed to catch on.

I shook my head, "You must have a strong sense of smell, I don't smell anything."

M/R sighed, shrugging as he looked forward, covering his nose with his hand to block out whatever he was smelling. We approached the library, or at least what was left of the library.

A cough escaped from the worried Male next to me and my eyes widened, "W-Huh?! What happened here?" He screeched.

"Maria Ross and Denny Brosh at your service, Fullmetal Alchemist sir!" Two voices called out from behind us. My head turned to see a sergeant and lieutenant. They were both crowding around Al, shaking his hand.

I groaned, 'Oh great, this again.' M/R seemed to have gotten what was happening and let out a snicker. I glared at him then turned my head back to the two mistakenly thinking that Alphonse was the 'Fullmetal Alchemist'.

Alphonse shook his hands and pointed at me, the two following his point and cocking their head to the side.

"That little guy over there?" The Male asked, steam already fuming from my ears. M/R began to choke out a fit of giggles, covering his mouth with both hands in an attempt to muffle his laughs. A deadly, pissed aura surrounded me, startling the two, resulting in them apologising.

"Back to the situation at hand." M/R managed to speak out, calming his giggles down. He pointed to the burnt down library, waving his hand in front of his nose, the burning smell really strong from where we were.

The female, Maria Ross I believe, sighed. "Just Yesterday, the entire collection of data, research and information were incinerated. We haven't finished our investigations, but it appears to be Arson."

I and Alphonse sighed, looking at each other. "Let's search somewhere else?" We all nodded.

°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°