ꨄFaultsꨄ

Might get a bit angsty, but hey, I'm a sucker for angst so let's go
°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°
Chapter 8
"Why did you lie to me?!"
𖣔
3rd pov

"Hope?! M/R, who's Hope?!" Edward asked, his voice laced in betrayal.

M/R looked at him, fear to erupt his body as he looked back towards Envy and Lust, then back to Edward.

He began stuttering, "I.." Beginning his sentence but not being able to find an excuse to finish it. His hands began to shake and tremble, his eyes focusing on the ground below him as if he had suddenly found that of interest.

Envy sighed and shook his head, a small smirk appearing on his lips, "Ahh. M/R, you didn't tell him the truth?"

M/R's teeth grit as he looked at Envy, his eyes filled with hatred and anxiety. "I was going to! I- I swear! I told him the truth!"

"The truth about your human, perhaps. However, I believe you've missed out your 'Homunculus' side, Hope." Lust chimed in, amused at the tension and feeling of a fight about to kick in.

"You're one of them?!" Ed asked, desperation in his voice.

"No! Of course not! I would never be like them. Edward, I'm human, trust me." M/R shot back, desperation also in his voice as he tried to defend himself.

"So, having a philosophers Stone hidden inside of you is considered 'human'? That's the first I've ever heard of it." Envy scoffed, clearly knowing that he wasn't making the situation any better.

"The Philosophers Stone?" Edward questioned, building strength and managing to stand up on his two legs. "What does he mean by that?"

Envy sighed and walked over to the (Hair colour)-ette, signalling Lust to bring out her claws, "See for yourself."

Understanding Envy's signal, Lust formed long claws onto her fingertips, the sharp tips edging closer to M/R thighs. Edward watched in horror, about to jump in to stop her. The claw pierced through M/R's skin, a groan escaping from his lips.

"M/R! What did you-" He began to scream, but his eyes widened at the sight before his eyes. The wound was healing itself. It was true. He was one of them.

"Why...Why would you lie to me?!" Edward hissed. His eyes were full of hatred and sadness. "Me, Al, Winry, Mustang, Hughes, Armstrong, Denny, Maria, everyone, we put our TRUST in you."

M/R shook his head, "I never lied! I told you the truth, just not the whole of it! I would never lie to you guys."

Edward, somehow finding the stability back in his legs, marched his way up to the taller male, "You can't deny what I just saw, L/N. Or should I say, Hope."

"No, Edward please." M/R pleaded.

"We should have never put our trust in you. I've gathered exactly what you did back when you'd lost your siblings, now." Edward sneered. "You had used them for the stone, hadn't you?!"

"How could you do that?! They were your siblings, your family. You're fortunate you still have something to remember them by." He continued, "Human transmutation is not a game."

The blonde groaned, "Now I find out that you're not even human. That you're not even on my side."

M/R grew quiet. The tension was thick. He stood there, emotionless as he looked up at Edward, his hands in fists as they shook.

"You know what, Edward?"

Envy's face turned sour, "He's going to do that snapping lecture thing he did when he first met us, isn't he?" He whispered, Lust nodding.

"Yeah, okay, fine. You see me as the 'bad guy' now is that it? Hm? I opened the portal. I used a human transmutation circle. I made a Philosophers Stone. Big deal, huh?"

"Well guess what?" He hissed, "At least you still have your brother."

Edward's eyes widened as Envy 'ooh'ed.

"You wanna know why they call me Hope?" The male asked, his hand resting on his hip as he looked at the other with a gaze that you couldn't put your finger on.

"I'd lost my sibling, but after I found Alchemy, I found the transmutation circle. I had hoped I could bring her back. I told everyone else about it, and I gave them hope." M/R began,

"Then it all happened, they were all taken from me. I woke up in a white place, fell dizzy and woke back up in my own bloodied house! They were gone."

Edward grew silent, remembering his own regretful day. The dreaded fear of losing a member of your family. Your only family.

"If I hadn't given them hope, they would still be alive." M/R pointed at the two Homunculi on the side, "If they hadn't come into my life, I would've lost all hope. They gave me hope that I could bring my siblings back."

Edward's eyes filled with regret as he reached out his hand, "M/R-"

Immediately, the other clasped his hands together and stomped his foot on the ground, creating several stone spikes.

"Alchemy brought hope into my life, and then again took it straight back out. Hope is all I have left." M/R's tears began streaming down his face from his eyes as he clutched his chest tight,

"How would you feel knowing that you were the reason your family's gone?"

Lust had a small look of pity in her eyes but had immediately shaken it off as she had seemed to find Edward's reaction amusing; wide, shocked eyes, flooded in sympathy and guilt.

"How would you live on, knowing that the only reason you're still alive is because the portal took them and not you. How would you feel, knowing that you'll be forced to live forever, without the ones you love beside you." He shouted, "And it's all because of you."

"M/R I'm so sorry for-"

"NO ED! SHUT IT!" Slowly, M/R's eyes widened at the realization of his sudden increase in volume. Slight guilt at shouting at the one friend he began to care for dearly in only a span of a few days.

"You've said enough. You were being hypocritical." M/R spat, walking off to Envy's side.

Envy grinned, "Nice show. Don't ever forget, Fullmetal, we let you live. So did he." He nudged M/R who only looked to the side.

And in a matter of seconds, the place had blown up.