ꨄThiefꨄ

Chapter 17
"The silver watch"
𖣔
M/R's pov

I looked at Edward questionably.

"Gone?" I frowned, "What do you mean, gone?" I asked, turning to look at the shirtless male as my blush slightly rose.

Edward sighed, "I mean, it's gone. It's been stolen."

Winry bit her fingertips, "It should be here somewhere!" She says, looking around.

Alphonse panicked, "It should be somewhere, brother! We should be able to find it!"

Edward walked up to me and placed his hands on my shoulder, "Can you smell it out??"

...

....

......

"What am I- a dog?!" I screeched, "Besides if I were to it'd be impossible!"

"How come?!"

"Mind you; we're in a place filled with automail! The silver watch is metal and this place lives on metallic element!"

"Can't you sniff it ou-"

"One more word about me 'sniffing' something out and I am abandoning you and your stupid mission!" I growled.

He nodded, agreeing to shut his mouth up and not say a single word.

The man sitting on the stand behind us turned around and looked, "Hate to break it to ya kid. But I think you're being played, buddy." He says, "Mus' be the handiwork of Bunny. She's a pick-pocket that targets tourists."

"W-Whaaaaatttt?!" Edward screeches, "Do you know where we can find her?! Tell me, please! That watch is very important to me!"

The man thought for a while and nodded. "Well...I can tell you, sure. But in exchange..." He smiled, giggling with the other worker behind him, "Let me take a peek under that hood! Just a little loo-"

I cut them off with a dagger pointed at their throats, a sinister smile on my face. They held their hands up in surrender and said, "She's in the west valley! She sells her spoils to the Glotz Pawn Shop!"

I nodded, tilting my head to the side, "See? That wasn't so hard now, was it?" I sang, smiling whilst making my way to Ed's side. He just looked at me as if I were insane and shook his head.

°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

We were in front of the shop and overheard a girl talking about 'winding' something. Immediately, Edward busted the door open whilst shouting, "Don't wind it!"

I peered in and saw that someone was attempting to sell Ed's watch.

"Don't open the lid either!" He huffed, stomping into the room. "You think you get away with stealing from me, man...I mean, Girl?!"

I facepalmed at his stupidity in accidentally calling her male, lightly smacking him in the back of the head of which he released a small hiss to. He looked back at me and slightly pouted, smacking me lightly back.

"Uh oh." She says, lifting a vase up with her foot. "Catch this, buddy!" She grinned, kicking the vase at Edward whilst the owner of the shop began panicking and saying how expensive the vase is.

Upon hearing that, I rushed up and caught the vase, "Ack-!"

"Nice catch!" She snickers, kicking open the wooden window shutters and jumping out onto a roof, "See ya~!"