ꨄTalksꨄ

Chapter 12
"You're human."
𖣔
M/R's pov

Edward sighed and placed his hand on top of mine.

"I'm sorry."

I sat there with my head tilted to the side, a small smile on my face, "Sorry for what?" I asked, "You have nothing to apologise for."

Edward shook his head and squeezed my hand, "I made a mistake. I made you sad."

I was confused. Was he talking about what happened back at the lab? If so, he really does have nothing to apologise for. It was all my fault, after all.

I shook my head this time, "No. I was conflicted, that was all. You did nothing wrong. All of it was my fault. Just to clarify, this is about what happened back at the lab with Envy and Lust, right?"

He nodded. 'Aish, he's adorable.'

Edward blushed red as his eyes slowly widened. "Elric? Something wrong?" I asked.

The Alchemist cleared his throat and covered his face with one hand, looking to the side. "First, it's Edward. Second, you just called me adorable."

"Adorable? But I said that in my head- Oh. I did it again didn't I?" I nervously chuckled covering my face whilst my face tinted red.

He smiled and moved my hands away from my face, humming, "Although, I could say the same for you."

"Huh? What do you mean?"

"You're adorable, M/R."

I flushed.

"H-Hey! W-When did you become so straight forward? Y-You shrimp!" I insulted him, stuttering.

His face turned sour, "Hey, don't insult my height! Jerk."

I humphed and looked to the side, looking over at the clinic building. "Back to serious matters," Edward began, "I wanted to talk. To clarify things."

A sigh escaped my mouth as I leant against the tree that stood behind me, "Ask away. I've got nothing to hide anymore." A small frown on my face.

Edward smiled and nodded, his face then becoming serious, "Are you really one of them?"

"You saw for yourself didn't you? Any injury I get given it heals in an incredibly short amount of time. I can also transmute without a circle, and without both hands needed." I explained in a bored tone, my attention soaring away to other random things.

"Anything else?"

"What do you mean by that?"

"I'm talking about the stone. It's keeping you alive, right?"

I nodded, "It is."

He looked away, "Can I see it?"

My eyes widened as my cheeks lightly dusted in pink, "Uh...I mean."

Edward began to look at me with pleading eyes, "Please?"