ꨄDepartureꨄ

Chapter 4
"Are we partners now?"
𖣔
Your pov

I stayed in Edward's warmth for a bit until he finally let me go. He held onto my arms, gazing into my eyes and smiling. The moment was eventually ruined when a voice spoke out from the door.

"U-Um! Hope I'm not interrupting anything, you two." Winry said, her eyebrows arched as she leaned against the doorway. I shook my head, my cheeks lightly dusted in pink, "No, you weren't, it's fine Winry." I smiled.

"Okay then" She sighed, "The colonel just came calling, said there was a lead on this 'stone' you two were looking for?"

Edward's eyes lit up as he sprung from the couch and tied his hair. Alphonse took the hint and stood near the door, waiting for Ed. Meanwhile, I'm still sat down looking up at the two.

"Would it be trouble if I came along? I'm searching for the roots of the stone myself" I asked, nervously. I needed answers. And tagging with these two might give me those answers.

The two brothers looked at each other, thinking about my request. Eventually, they nodded, "Sure thing, Al could use some company when waiting outside of the office," Ed said, reaching a hand out for me.

I stood and walked towards him, taking his hand and smiling, giving him a small nod to say 'thanks.'

We both said our goodbyes to Winry and went on to the Capital. Halfway there, I'd realized that I'd left my own luggage behind, mentally cursing at myself.

Alphonse told me it was fine and that we'd buy more later, not helping with my guilt at all. Do these people usually treat strangers with such hospitality?!

We bought the tickets, once again with Edward's money - gee I feel so much better - and hopped onto the train. I got to sit next to the window (the best seat) and watch as everything flew past.

Oh, and a little heads up. I have motion sickness from time to time, so sitting next to the window lets me ignore the SuDdEn nAuSea.

I leant against my hand as I watched the outside from the window, Edward sat beside me and Alphonse opposite me. Edward looked towards me and smiled, I returned the gesture.

"It feels nice to know we're not going alone this time, at least someone other than Winry or Armstrong looking after me." Edward grinned, looking out towards the window next to me.

I rolled my eyes with a cocky grin on my face, "Of course you'd need someone to look after you, you're the definition of a child, Ed." Alphonse chuckled at his older brother getting teased. Edward frowned, "I'm not that short! Shut up!"

Pressing the teasing even further, I proceeded to say "I didn't mention the height. But then again, your personality can be used as an example." Causing Ed to groan.

Smirking, I placed my hand on top of Ed's, "Sorry, that was a joke." Causing Edward to become flustered at the action.

He began to stutter, "N-No, I got that, I-It's fine!" He retracted his hand away. My heart weirdly sinking slightly at his reaction but finding it cute nonetheless. It seemed as if my face was staring as he tilted his head in confusion. I shook it off with a shrug and proceeded to place my attention towards the outside as if it were far more interesting.

"Hey, so what made you so interested with the Philosophers stone anyway, M/R?" Alphonse asked in curiosity. I looked at him, kind of shaken by the sudden question, thinking carefully about my answer. I couldn't reveal too much as it would leave them suspicious.

"Oh, um! I've just been curious as all! I've touched one before and, Ah, it sparked um...An interest?" I managed to think out. They both looked at each other for a while and shrugged.

Eventually, the train reached our destination and we got off, heading towards the Eastern Headquarters. On foot. Yes, I hated it but, y'know, it can't be as bad as the pain little blonde dwarf- okay that was rude, my apologies. Speaking of which, Edward's glaring at me.

"Obviously I'm glaring, stop calling me short!" He growled. Like, a husky growl, oh shit no that was hot what- 

Edward blushed a deep red whilst Alphonse chuckled, me being the oblivious idiot I am only just realised, "Wait, I-I said that out loud didn't I? Like all of it? Holy sh-" I stuttered, hiding my face in my hands. 'That's embarrassing- ahhh M/R why the Frick do you have to be so gay-' I thought. No seriously I actually thought that instead of saying it out loud.

Alphonse chuckled, "You're funny, M/R." He looked down at his older brother, "You okay, Ed?" Edward nodded vigorously, still tinted red. My face is in a very similar shade.

"Oh! W-We're here! Let's get inside and get this over with!" Edward quickly said, speed walking towards the stairs, leaving me and Al behind.

Alphonse looked at me, and even if his body wasn't there, I could tell he'd be grinning at me. Kind of like a Lenny face.

"M/R? Do you like my brother?"

"W-Huh?! No, shut up Al." I mumbled, hiding my face with a hand whilst the other tugged my shirt. Alphonse just giggled and walked on ahead to a set of chairs.

"Let's wait here, okay? He won't be long." And sat down on the far end, patting the spot next to him. I rolled my eyes with a smile, removing my hand from my face and taking the seat next to him. We talked for a bit on random topics. We went from Alchemy to cooking (which I immediately found myself apologising for since I'd realised Al couldn't eat), to Winry and ended up talking about the stone all over again.

"Wow, I didn't realise it was that important to you." I sighed.

"Yeah, but I'm actually starting to think it all over, I mean, if people end up getting hurt because of it, I'd rather not have my body back." The armoured male sighed, looking to the side. "We met some pretty scary people. Apparently, they're homunculi."

My eyes widened. No way. They were still alive?! I mean, of course, they were, they're like me. Just, I was alive once. They weren't.

I heard finger-snapping right in front of me, snapping me out of my thoughts and causing me to look up, meeting hazel gold eyes. "Oh, E-Ed! That was fast!" I smiled nervously, a bit shook from the statement Alphonse made. Ed arched his brows at me, then looked back at Alphonse, to where he just shrugged.

"Let's head out, he's got no lead, he just needed my attention." Edward rolled his eyes. "Let's continue on with the search. Oh, and Armstrong is accompanying us." I sighed. I had heard about Armstrong, apparently, he's very clingy in some way.

"Damn right he is." Edward huffed.

I mentally slapped myself, "Agh! I need to stop saying my thoughts out loud!" I frowned. Edward snickered, as we made our way back to the station, meeting up with Armstrong.

"Ah! You must be M/R!" Armstrong smiled, actually, I couldn't tell his moustache takes up half his face, and wrapped his muscular arms around my shoulder, crushing me. "It's nice to be of your acquaintance!"

I nodded, Atleast tried as best as I could, and looked to the side, signalling either of the brothers for help. They both shrugged as if it were helpless.

When he finally had let go of me, we hopped back into the train.