ꨄThe Stone's truthꨄ

Chapter 6
"Why does it all add up..?"
𖣔
Your pov

"Sorry, it took so long! But there was so much material that it took me five days to write down!" Sheska chirped as he placed the stack of papers onto the desk, looking back up at us triumphantly. "Here you go! Tim Marcoh's research notes, to the letter!"

I stood there, mouth gaped as I looked at the happy-go-lucky girl Infront of me, then back to the papers.

"She...Really did it.." Alphonse gasped, shock evident in his voice.

"There truly are some amazing people out there, huh Al?" Edward gaped, shaking his head in disbelief. He smiled, crossing his arms and leaning over to take a better look at the stacks. "Now it makes sense! Marcoh couldn't run away with his notes because of the sheer volume of the material!"

"And you're sure all of these are Marcoh's?"

"Yes! Without a doubt!" Sheska grinned, lifting a stack in her hands and reading the title, "Tim Marcoh's recipe book- 1,000 meals for daily living!!"

...Wha..-

"A tablespoon of sugar with a few drops of water," Maria readout, and sighed, "It really is just a bunch of recipes!"

My brain was just processing the reason for us to have wasted our time all on nothing, looking back at Edward with a frown plastered onto my face.

Denny huffed, "Hey! What are you trying to pull, lady?! These can't be the right documents!"

Sheska stuttered, panic evident in her face, "B-But...! I just copied it exactly how I remembered it!"

I blocked everyone else out and sat on a pile of books on the side, brushing off any dust that sat there. 'Am I never going to get my answers?' I thought, sighing as I looked over at the group. Edward appeared to be grinning and thanking the librarian, skipping off as he quickly passed a check and his Silver Watch.

He ushered me over and I obliged, not wanting to be left behind as I left with him and a Denny who carried the 'recipe's

"Who is that kid that he can hand out this amount of cash?!"

°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

Edward and Alphonse had been sitting in the library for a while now. I'd just been sitting outside, talking with the Colonel.

"So, when did you become acquainted with Fullmetal?" He asked, leaning his arm against his desk.

I thought for a while, "Well, it's all just random, really. We just randomly met this one time."

He raised his brow, "Really? And since this random encounter you've been staying by his side?"

My shoulders shrugged, "I guess. We're both after the same goal." A smile tugged at my lips, "He's cute. We met near the station, carried him all the way home after his automail failed him."

Roy shook his head, "I'll admit, he has an amusing personality, but you're really going after that stone?"

"Sure, why not? I mean, I need answers on it." My eyes wandered off to the window next to me, the shadow of the building towering over the streets outside.