II

I spent my days walking around the ship, gathering useful things so I can survive after reaching land. Even though I was reborn, I somehow still had the dragon's blood inside me, and due to certain reasons, I can no longer hide my horns for as long as I could in my past life. So I kept the hood of the cloak on, it doesn't cover too much, but it does cover what needed to be covered.

I looked at the two packs of poker cards in my hand, that was my weapon. Before, when I was bored, I'd throw cards at my wall like darts. And slowly, the cards I threw could become a dangerous weapon if I wanted it to. But throwing cards are just like shooting arrows, it becomes a disadvantage once it comes to close-distance fights. I have to somehow find a few daggers, those would be useful.

I wandered to the bottom floor of the cruise ship, there wasn't much around, boxes and barrels were all. But there was a wooden door, a janitor's closet? I thought as I reached for the knob.

"Hey kid!" A man with a uniform shouted at the top of the stairs, "You shouldn't be here! Come up, quick!" I turned around, why are they guarding a basement? Are they scared that people going to steal things? It can't be, this cruise ship seemed expansive, so why would someone rich go steal things at the basement of the cruise ship? I thought before walking away from the door and up the stairs. There has to be something inside that door.

x x x

-Midnight-

Those damn guards, I gritted my teeth, if it weren't for them, I would've not waited 'till midnight. It was around 2 am, people should be in their deep sleep right now. I snuck to the stairs and looked around, there were some guards, most of them are asleep, one or two of them are trying to stay awake. That's good, I have a child's body, so it must take more to notice me, especially at night when it's dark. Plus, the ones awake are only half awake, I bet their minds are messy right now.

I tiptoed my way to the wooden door, my hands reached for the knob once again and twisted it. Locked? It was locked, but no way can a small lock stop me from going into the room. I took out the pin I prepared and inserted it into the keyhole.

click click click .... clack

The lock opened.

I opened the door, there were treasure boxes on the shelves. I closed the door and flicked on the lights. There're also labels on the treasure boxes, why would they label treasure boxes... I shrugged and started walking around.

a pair of Ivory, a box of pirates' treasure, a bottle of King Cobra's poison, a box of gold, a small box of diamonds, a wooden sword, treasure maps, a devil fruit...

A devil fruit? I walked back to the box that held the devil fruit and read the label again

"Speed-Speed Fruit..." I murmured

Eh, I'll take it~ There's a library on this ship, and if I remembered correctly, there are encyclopedias about devil fruits, so if I can find one...

x x x

"Mister!" I walked into the library, "Do you have any encyclopedias about devil fruits?" I asked the old man at the front desk

"Ah yes, we do have one. Do you want to read about the devil fruits?"

No shit. "Yes." I nodded

"Ok, I will find it for you, come with me." He smiled and I followed him.

It was a thick red book. I thanked him and started reading at a desk. The speed-speed fruit was a yellow fruit that had the shape of a pineapple. I looked through the contents and turned to the page number that had its information.

"The user of this fruit can move at an inhuman speed... create devastating blows at high speeds... increase the power of close-up attacks... body can be starved of energy if overused... can skip on water if only the user keeps up the pace." I read, "Not bad." I smiled, returned the book, and returned to my own room.