V

[Nine Years Later]

After getting off the ship, I ate the devil fruit I stole and started living like nomads. I never stayed on an island for too long, I became a sailor, a thief, and an astrologist. I didn't have money, I didn't want to work for humans and stay in their houses, so I stole, and my devil fruit powers helped. I still wore the cloak, I don't know why, but the cloak seemed to adjust its own size according to my height, so I never changed it. Sleeping in trees helped me to look at the stars better. My mother told me that if I ever miss her or feel sad and lonely, I should look up at the sky, because no matter if it's day or night, she'll always be a star watching over me. That's why I started to learn astrology, it reminded me of my mom, she was the only one who loved and cared about me.

x x x

"A navy base huh..." I murmured to myself while looking around the island. "Looks like I gotta be careful here."

I left the dock and walked inside a bar. On the last island, I saw someone rich, he was hitting a child, so I stole all his money. Now I can get myself a drink and relax a bit.

"Welcome, what do you need?" A young lady smiled

"Uh... Just get me some beer I guess." I sat down

"Ok, coming right up."

After a while, a girl came in running and crying.

"What happened honey?" The young lady ran to her and asked her worriedly, "Did you get caught?"

The girl nodded, "They stepped on my rice balls and threw me out." She hiccuped

Excuse me? Stepping on a young girl's food and threw her out? What's with humans bullying kids?? I looked at the girl, "Who did that?"

"T-the navy commander's son."

"Come with me." I put the money for the beer on the desk and walked out with the girl following me. The navy commander's son? Tsk, another spoilt kid. I walked straight to the base. "Why were you in a navy base?" I asked

"Because... because I made rice balls for the mister."

"The mister?"

She nodded, "The mister agreed to be outside and not eat anything for 30 days. I wanted to make something for him."

"Why would he agree to that?"

"I don't know, but he must've had his own reasons!"

We were in front of a wall of the base.

"The mister is on the other side of this wall, he has short green hair."

"Alright kid, thanks for leading the way, you can head back now." I looked at her

"Are you sure about this Miss? Please be careful..."

"Of course," I said before I took a few steps back and ran on the wall using my powers.

There was a pink-haired kid trying to untie the ropes of a green-haired man. Green-haired man? I thought. Roronoa Zoro? So that's... woah... uh... alright. But I have no intentions of helping him. My only mission was to beat up the spoilt kid. I jumped down to the ground.