XI

I walked towards the Arlong Park direction, fishmen... I think I know why he's doing this. Suddenly, voices start to ring in my head.

"What did you say you damn moss head?!"

Sanji...

"What did you call me?! You damn cook."

Zoro...

"Guys..!"

Usopp...

"hUh? Usopp!"

Luffy...

I started hearing voices ever since I came to this world, I don't know how, I don't know why.

I stood in front of the gate, three fishmen came my way, looks like they were going out.

"Nyu, Arlong-san, we have a visitor." The octopus said.

"Huh?" The shark who's sitting on a chair turned his head towards me before widening both his eyes and smile, "let her in."

I walked in, shouldn't he ask who I am and what I'm doing here?

"Welcome! cursed child Aolu." He laughed,

My eyes widened, "How did you know."

"Oh come on, the oceans connect to different worlds, don't tell me you didn't know that."

"..."

"SHAHAHAHA, don't worry, not a lot of people know. Though I thought you knew, since you weren't from here."

"Worlds..?"

"Yes, worlds. There are hundreds and thousands of worlds in this universe. You're from one of the modern worlds aren't you?"

"Don't know, I was born underseas, in an ancient village. But I left, went to land, and lived in a modern city."

At this point, I had almost forgotten that we're supposed to be enemies. We were both from the sea, and we were both hurt by humans. Though he shouldn't be doing these things.

"I see, but why are you here in this world? I'm curious."

"Ah, I don't know, I was killed in my world, then I just, fell here?"

"Shahahaha, then why don't you join me?"

"No."

"Why not? We're both from the sea, we're both looked down on by humans. Why don't we work together and make the humans pay?"

"Sorry but, I believe there're still good humans out there. In fact, I'm already in another group, so."

He raised one of his eyebrows "you're working for humans?"

"No, I'm friends with them."

"Tsk, I thought you had some backbones, pathetic."

"Pathetic? You call being friends with humans pathetic?"

"Don't you want humans to be afraid of us?! So they'll never look down on us again? So we don't get called monsters anymore?"

"But you can't just go around killing innocent people!"

"All humans are sinful!"

"That's just like them saying all fishmen are bad! Don't you get it?! You're becoming just like them!"

"I don't care! As long as they fear me."

As we're arguing, the door burst open. Nami stormed in. Everyone turned to her. Arlong sat down on his chair and relaxed. I turned away and sighed.

"Arlong! I thought you said you'd rather die than break a promise concerning money!" She growled

"Hm? Tell me then, when did I break the promise?"

"You teamed up with the Navy, They stole my money!"

"Ah, your money was stolen? That's too bad. Save it up again then."

"Arlong! You bastard." She was crying.

"Let the poor girl go Arlong. Don't make a lady cry." I sighed

"Shahahaha, what a gentleman." He laughed, letting her go. She ran.

"My captain is coming soon. He's gonna pick a fight with you."

"So be it. Humans will never exceed fishmen."

"I wouldn't think that way if I were you. If he were that weak, I would've not followed him."

"Is that so?"

"Mm, to be honest, I understand why you did this, it's wrong, but I can't blame you. So I'm not going to take part in this fight, even though I count Nami as one of my friends." I walked away

"That's fine with me."

x x x

I found them in the village, Nami sat there, crying as Luffy put his straw hat on her.

"Where were you," Zoro asked

"Nowhere," I answered

"Luffy... help me." Nami whimpered

Luffy walked towards us, "OF COURSE I WILL." he shouted

"I'm gonna stay with Nami. " I stood up and walk towards her. While the others walked towards Arlong Park.

------------------------------

"Sorry, Nami..." My voice came out as a whisper.

"Why?" She looked at me.

"I... I can't fight the Arlong Pirates." I gave her a weak smile, "I know what they did to you, it was probably very painful. But... I just can't..."

She looked confused

"You'll know when the time comes," I said. "There's always something that makes a villain a villain. I'm not saying you should understand him or forgive him or anything like that, what he did was wrong. I just..."

"Don't worry about it, I know you have a reason to not fight against them. You're mysterious, no one in the crew knows a lot about you. To be honest, you're already helping just by being here with me." She smiled

"Thank you," I whispered.