III

"HURRY! TAKE THOSE TWO ON BOARD!" I woke up from my nap due to shouting. It was in the afternoons, I wonder what happened. I changed my attire and went outside, rubbing my eyes. A lot of people were headed towards a deck of the starboard, I followed them.

It was crowded, I paused, I don't want to go near a crowd, I hate crowded places. So I leaned towards the wall, watching. After a few minutes, some people got bored and left, making it easier for me to see what's actually going on. They brought back two people, a kid and an old man. They were as skinny as skeletons, I bet they got washed onto an uninhabited land and couldn't find anything useful for survival.

The man was unconscious and sent to the doctor's room, the child followed.

"Chef, please go make some food for-" A man in uniforms spoke

"You can't!" I cut him off, fuck why did I even- now everyone's eyes are on me, I cursed at myself mentally, "People after a long period of starvation shouldn't be eating solid food, their digestive system needs to get used to digesting again." I bit the bullet and explained.

"Then... then what do we do?" He asked

"Are you seriously trusting a little girl?" A chubby man argued

"If you don't wanna trust me, that's fine, but don't come whining to me when something happens to them." I snorted before turning away

"You...you!" the chubby man trembled due to anger and embarrassment, "Fine! If your so high-and-mighty, why don't you take care of those two? And if they die, it'll be on you."

"W-wait, but as you said, she's just a little girl-"

"Shut up! Do you want to lose your job?!"

"Fine by me." I shrugged before walking away, pissed at myself for having to make such an agreement.

x x x

I looked around in my cabin, it wasn't a big cabin like the guests, I guess it was just for an employee or something. Sigh, at least give me another room or a bigger cabin... how am I gonna fit 3 people here... There's a single bed, a desk, a chair, and a shelf, and that's it. I guess the old man can sleep on the bed then...
As I was killing my brain cells, my door was kicked open.

I sighed, "Learn to knock, will ya?" I said as I turned to the door, the chubby man pushed the boy inside.

"Hmph, don't worry, the old man's gonna join you two after he gets his leg surgery done." He said, glaring at me.

"Okay, I got it. You can leave now." I waved goodbye as he slammed the door. I rolled my eyes before looking at the boy.
Weird Eyebrow.

"Did you eat anything?" I asked him while pouring a glass of water.

"No, they didn't give me anything.." He said

"Good, have a glass of water first." I handed him the water

"Thank you," he said, "M-may I ask you a question?"

"No."

Silence.........

"Why do you have a hood on right now?"

"Because I want to."

"But I can barely see your eyes..."

"I don't care."

"Why did y-"

"Shut up."

Silence.........

"I have to get some things, be right back. Don't touch anything and don't go anywhere." I said. looking at the boy and left after he nodded his head.

The doctor already treated his wounds, but I'll still get a medical kit to change his bandages. I have to take care of them all by myself now.
I then went to the employees and asked for extra sheets and blankets for myself and the boy.
My last destination was the kitchen, I have to make him and the old man some fruit or vegetable juice for them to drink later.

I don't want to go out for the second time, but I had to make sure the juices are fresh, so I'll just borrow some equipments and return them tomorrow.