Ninety Four

Jade's POV

This club is going to give me an aneurysm.

I was at my desk combing through paperwork and trying to fix little things that went wrong, but I was having such a hard time concentrating. I had been here for hours and couldn't wait to just get home and shower. And I missed Perrie and Jaden so much. I dropped my head down on my desk for the hundredth time and let out a frustrated sigh when suddenly, I felt my phone buzz in my pocket.

"Hello?" I frowned and answered, seeing that it was Jaden's school calling.

"Hello, Miss Thirlwall?"

I recognized the voice right away. And the complete lack of regard for my marriage. I was starting to hate this bitch just as much as Perrie.

"It's Mrs. Edwards." I corrected her, probably for the millionth time.

"Yes, sorry. Mrs. Edwards."

"How can I help you, Lauren?" I sighed, not really in the mood for her or her shit.

"We need to have a parent-teacher conference." She replied and I furrowed my brows.

"For what reason?" I asked.

"We need to discuss Jaden's behavior in class."

"Jaden's behavior?"

"Yes. He's been a bit disruptive lately and it's my job to try and understand why. Are you available to meet today?"

"Today? That's very short notice, Lauren. It's 7pm and I'm working." I replied.

"Are you able to swing by the school when you're off? I'd really rather get this sorted out today, before it goes any further."

I was having a very hard time believing that my baby was causing any trouble. He's much too sweet and I know if anything did happen, there was a reason. He's the complete opposite of me with his temperament, thank god. He doesn't blow up or get angry easily. And he doesn't misbehave.

"And this isn't something we can just talk about right now? Over the phone?" I asked, leaning back in my chair and tapping my fingers on my desk, trying to imagine any scenario that would involve Jaden being disruptive. I just couldn't see it. He almost raises his hand just to speak at home. There was no way.

"No. That's not how parent-teacher conferences work." She replied flatly.

I rolled my eyes. "Parents don't typically get phone calls this late in the evenings to come by the same day either."

"That's true. I know you're busy, I just wanted to make it quick and easy for you. It shouldn't take up too much of your time, but there are some questions I have to ask you, as his teacher." She replied. How the fuck would she know I'm busy?

"Fine, Lauren." I sighed again, running my hands through my hair. Whatever this was, I had zero time for it and talking to her was only frustrating me more. "How long are you going to be at the school?"

"I'm grading assignments so I'll be here for a while." She replied.

Who the hell stays at school until after 7 grading kindergarten assignments? How much work could they possibly have?

"Alright, I'm on my way." I rolled my eyes.

I swear this better be important or I just might knock her over a few desks. This club has me stressed the fuck out today and she's only adding to it.

"Great!" She said and hung up, too happily for my liking.

I saved my documents on my laptop and closed it, frustratedly sighing again. I grabbed my leather jacket off the back of my chair and stuffed my phone and keys in my pocket. I wasn't really anticipating having to see anyone today, the plan was to just be in my office, so everyone in the school would just have to ignore the ripped jeans, leather jacket and messy hair. That is, if there was even anyone there. I put my sunglasses on my head since the sun was down and left the building.