Thirty Six

Nobody's POV

Jade sat in her car outside the address that Jesy had given her, trying to calm herself before she walked right into danger.

She knew it was dangerous and that this night could go many different ways, especially recalling the last time she and Gary had seen each other, but none of that mattered to her when it came to Perrie's safety. Anything Jade had to do to get the blonde home, she would not hesitate.

Despite her determination to get answers, she was still a nervous wreck. She gripped the steering wheel tightly in an attempt to still her hands from shaking. She took slow deep breaths to calm her breathing and make sure her head was on straight before anything.

Okay, Jade. It's now or never.

She reached inside the paper bag her brother had given her and took out the cold heavy piece of metal. Had it been her first time handling a gun, she probably would have been terrified and ended up dropping it, but it wasn't.

Instead she tucked it into the waistband of her jeans and quickly jumped out of the car before she got too scared and changed her mind. She marched right up to the front door of the house, and instead of using the bell she opted for banging on it with her fists.

There was no time for being delicate. The love of her life was hanging in the balance.

Only seconds later, the door swung open and Jade gulped. Her fears quickly took a backseat when Gary smirked at her from behind the door, and adrenaline and just pure hatred took the wheel. She pushed past Gary and barged right into the house, turning around to face him once she got inside.

She made note of how Gary closed the door and locked it before he leaned against it with that same disgusting smirk.

"Jade, to what do I owe the pleasure?" He said.

She cringed as she heard him say her name while raking his eyes over her body. She noticed his eyes stopped when they reached the little bit of cleavage that peeked through her v-neck t-shirt, so she quickly zipped her jacket up to her neck.

"Have you been texting me Gary?" She asked, getting right to it. His eyes finally met hers and they looked cold and lifeless. "And threatening me?"

"Why don't you ask me what you really came here to ask me, Jade?" He replied with a smile.

She swallowed again.

What the hell was he getting at?

"And what is that, Gary?" She asked, folding her arms across her chest, trying not to look as scared as she felt on the inside.

"Why don't you come in and have a seat? We can catch up." He smirked again, and Jade's throat went dry as she realized exactly what he meant.

"No, thank you." She replied. "I'm looking for someone right now, and I don't have time to 'catch up'."

"Oh, but I think you do. You don't know where that someone is, or if they're even still alive, so I'd say you have all the time in the world. Now sit." He said, motioning towards the couch.

Jade felt her heart drop as she heard him speak of Perrie. The thought of her no longer being alive because she was too late made Jade want to crawl inside herself and die.

"I don't want—"

Her words were cut short as she felt strong hands wrap around her throat, pushing her further into the living room. She gasped for air and scratched at his hands, drawing blood and effectively pissing him off. She tried to catch her breath, but he forcefully threw her down onto the couch.