Thirty One

Perrie's POV

The next few days were spent running Jade and Jaden to school and work and back, and me preparing myself for school and my new job on Monday.

Oh, and catching up on all of the good sex we missed out on for sure.

I made the decision to continue my classes strictly online, and I finally got a call back for a job at a hospital nearby. Somehow I managed to charm them into making my hours match up with Jade and Jaden's, even though the hours sucked. It was still worth it though.

He went to school from 9:00 am to 3:30 pm and Jade worked from 9:00 am to 5:30 pm. The hours I managed to steal were 5:00 am to 1:30 pm. It was early as hell but I never had any problems with waking up early. Jade, on the other hand, would simply die.

9 o'clock is already too much for her. I would be able to get home, get cleaned up, get some lunch for Jaden and then pick him up when he got out. Then we'd do our homework together until Jade got home. And we all had the weekends off, which was my favorite thing ever.

It was Saturday morning and of course I was the first one awake. When I opened my eyes, I turned my head only to be met with a mixture of long and shorter curly hair. I loved their hair so much.

Jaden never slept with us at night, but at some point in the early morning, he would always sneak his way in, because I always woke up to the two of them.

This morning Jade was laying on her stomach with her head turned in the opposite direction, arms and legs everywhere of course, and little Jaden was in a ball with his head resting on her back, also facing the other direction and their hair was all mixed together and all over the place.

I decided to leave them alone. I smiled to myself at the image and climbed out of bed. There was no need for me to tiptoe because they slept like the dead. I knew neither of them were budging.

I decided to have some cereal and watch cartoons like I did when I was a kid. As soon as I got situated with my bowl of Frosted Flakes and flicked on the tv, a very sleepy looking Jade appeared from the hallway.

Her hair was still all over the place and she had Jaden thrown over one shoulder like a little rag doll, and the cover from the bed in her other hand, dragging on the floor. She rubbed her eyes and yawned and my heart fluttered. She was honestly too cute for words sometimes.

"Baby, what are you doing?" I asked, sitting my cereal down.

"We don't like it when you leave." She yawned again and then pouted, and it melted me.

"Awww, I'm sorry. Come here, bubba." I reached my arms out for her and she made her way over to me.

I grabbed my cereal in one hand and pulled them down onto the couch with me with the other. I was half laying down and half upright so I didn't choke on my cereal, with my legs up on the couch.

Jade sat in between my legs and leaned back until her head was on my chest, and she positioned Jaden on her chest, before covering us all with the blanket. I ate my cereal over her head in an awkward position, but I didn't mind it. I just hoped I didn't get any in her hair.

I thought she was watching cartoons with me, but she had fallen right back to sleep. We stayed like this for hours, me watching tv and playing in her hair, and the two of them still sleeping. Soon, I drifted off to sleep myself.

Hours later I woke up with Jade now curled into my side, twirling my necklace around her finger and watching tv, and Jaden sitting on the floor playing with his helicopter. When my eyes fluttered open they were met with my favorite pair, and a matching smile.